Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 127394 views.
lppenguins

12/28/19

I too have had that issue. My DS passed a few years ago and her China was her most prized possession. Her 2 DD didn’t want it. They brought it to me in a cardboard box not even packed right and said no way would they want it.
“You can’t use it in the microwave or the dishwasher”. So guess what,  I used it on thanksgiving and everyone had to help wash dishes. Lol

i had to show them what a beautiful table it would set and that it would kill them to hand wash a dish or two. Call me aunt meanie  

Suze (casuzenn)

12/28/19

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Mr. Pirate just puts a dish towel on top of the vent when he releases the steam.  It hasn't hurt anything so far

ooh...thanks!!! great idea

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/28/19

lppenguins said:

i had to show them what a beautiful table it would set and that it would kill them to hand wash a dish or two. Call me aunt meanie  

We do that with my (deceased) DMIL's china.  Beautiful stuff ... ivory china with gold bands.  Crystal has the same gold bands.    When the Catholic Bishop came to town, the parish always borrowed her china and crystal to host dinners for him.  :-)

Anyway, in years' past, we have used DMIL's china & crystal for Christmas Day brunch.  But if we don't do brunch, we use the set for Christmas Eve dinner.   On a dark blue tablecloth, the china looks stunning.  We *definitely* hand wash the china and crystal, as well as her silverware.  Man, that silverware is *heavy* stuff.  You could probably do some serious damage to a person's head if you were to conk that person with a knife handle!

I know that our girls always get pleasure out of seeing their Grandma's china being used.   Whether or not they'll want the china as part of any inheritance is unknown.  ::shrug::

Suze (casuzenn)

12/29/19

ok...I booked my flights...I arrive at 9:20am....you arrive at 9:30am...Patty arrives at 8:55am...

Suze (casuzenn)

12/29/19

That dishtowel  over the vent works a treat!...thanks

Made the pot roast..it was frozen...and TOO dang big for the Instant Pot...sigh..so I defrosted it in the micro and whacked it into pieces.  It was decidedly tasty!! We have leftovers for tomorrow...

LABFIEND

12/29/19

lppenguins said:

I washed and dried it on delicate and it softened up and she loved it! 

And that is what matters!!

LABFIEND

12/29/19

lppenguins said:

I wish I could be that prepared. Lol

Ha Ha, I wouldn't call it prepared, just trying to remember what I need to bring, as I pass things in my general chaos!!

LABFIEND

12/29/19

lppenguins said:

only 47 more days until retreat!!!

Aggggh!!

LABFIEND

12/29/19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

ok...I booked my flights...I arrive at 9:20am....you arrive at 9:30am...Patty arrives at 8:55am...

We could all probably get the shuttle together, I don't mind waiting!

Mishii

12/29/19

LABFIEND said:

I don't mind waiting!

You only have to wait 4 hours on me!