Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 127920 views.
bornblesse2

1/2/20

JDO, that is the message we are getting here...the drivers for Lyft and Uber are hoping headquarters will let them continue into the airport even if the airport charges $5 ?  Hike to fees!  So we are all waiting into January to hear what happens in the fight.  It is the headquarters of Lift/Uber fighting the airport.

airport is losing parking fees and I suspect they want more traffic on the tram.  But that is limited access- depending on the area of town you are going to.

we are suppose to know more in a couple weeks when everyone gets back to work.

LABFIEND

1/2/20

Cathy:  David Baldacci--The Last Mile and No Man's Land--read them or not?

They are paperbacks, so easy to add in my suitcase.

Mishii

1/2/20

KSCarolyn said:

Why am I not in your contact list, you are in mine?  I'm hurt!

Oh quitcherwhining.  I actually wondered today if I had your email stored so I checked.  Lo and behold there it was!  So I sent you my itinerary.  Yay me!

Mishii

1/2/20

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

(I've never had a problem at the airport here in Dallas, either.

DFW is the bomb for pick up/drop off.  I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes and that was usually only because of the families picking people up.  They are always slower.  Love Field has a great system too.

I've never used Lyft/Uber in San Antonio, but they have a nice pick up/drop off area too.  Very efficient.  Horrific parking though.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

1/3/20

Colene (robicole1) said:

Does the hotel still have a shuttle?

yes, but the website doesn’t seem to specify if there are limited hours. In the last couple of years they have not run throughout the day like they used to. So there were times of the day that you couldn’t summon them. 

KSCarolyn

1/3/20

I just called the hotel and the shuttle service runs mornings 4 am to 10:30 am and evenings 5 pm to 12:30 am.  They run every 45 minutes to and from the airport during those times.  Hopefully, the problems with Uber and Lyft will be resolved by February and all will be good.

Carolyn

LABFIEND

1/3/20

KSCarolyn said:

I just called the hotel and the shuttle service runs mornings 4 am to 10:30 am and evenings 5 pm to 12:30 am.  They run every 45 minutes to and from the airport during those times.  Hopefully, the problems with Uber and Lyft will be resolved by February and all will be good. Carolyn

Good to know!!  If I can't fit in Denise's car-LOL!

mxkittens

1/3/20

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Made hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot for breakfast - we like em hot & sliced with butter melting over them...the wee silicone grabbers that came in my accessory kit are WAY better than the old pot holders I used to use..

Oh Suze, I love my IP for soft/poached egg.  I bought these tiny egg cups that sit on the trivet, and cook for 4 minutes.  They are delish!

Colene (robicole1)

1/3/20

I arrive at 1130 Thursday if anyone else around that time would like to share a taxi let me know and we can meet up

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/3/20

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Even I agree that a paper backup of the tax stuff is a good idea...

I do not currently pay my bills online but that is one thing  want to get going in 2020.  I will certainly keep all tax documents in the form I receive them.  Most are paper.  I understand your DH's reluctance.  I'm the same way.