Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rose Window Quilt   General Discussion

Started 7/1/20 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 718 views.
LindaPutt

7/1/20

I was thinking you made a Rose Window and I loved it.  If I'm remembering right about that, do you have a picture of it to refresh my memory?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

7/1/20

You have a phenomenal memory!   Yes, I did, although it was a faux Rose window.  I had found a printed batik that was printed in a center medallion plus side panels.  The pattern that I used was "Garden Gate" by Patch Work Studios. 

Alas,  the company that sold that batik (Bold Over Batiks) no longer has a website (that I could find).   Further research revealed that Bold Over Batiks ceased business in 2012.

The pattern company's page for their stained glass patterns is here, although the Garden Gate pattern doesn't appear to be listed.

My webpage for my faux Rose Window is here

Suze (casuzenn)

7/2/20

ah...I remember seeing that one..at least on your website!

gorgeous

LindaPutt

7/2/20

That's it!  I remember because it's one of my all-time favorites of yours.  It's such a pretty quilt!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

7/2/20

LindaPutt said:

I remember because it's one of my all-time favorites of yours.  It's such a pretty quilt!

So kind of you to say so!  I'm really chuckling because that quilt was **so much a fake quilt** that I felt guilty making it.  :-)   it was too easy.  It was also terminally boring: I machine zig-zagged all the raw edges of the black fabric.  Oh my lord, was that BORING.

But it did turn out so pretty. :-)   Thanks. :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

7/2/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I machine zig-zagged all the raw edges of the black fabric.  Oh my lord, was that BORING.

I felt  that way after three rounds of zig zagging 'Miss MaryJane'....(my machine does not have a good satin stitch...sigh)

In reply toRe: msg 10
viola (sissly4)

7/2/20

Linda I was just testing to see if I could post and it went thru.

LindaPutt

7/3/20

Too funny - I couldn't tell from your post if you were waving at me or typing a secret acronym I wasn't familiar with.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

7/5/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

r my faux Rose Window 

I actually prefer this one.  It's beautiful.