Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rose Window Quilt   General Discussion

Started 7/1/20 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 723 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

7/2/20

ah...I remember seeing that one..at least on your website!

gorgeous

LindaPutt

7/2/20

That's it!  I remember because it's one of my all-time favorites of yours.  It's such a pretty quilt!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

7/2/20

LindaPutt said:

I remember because it's one of my all-time favorites of yours.  It's such a pretty quilt!

So kind of you to say so!  I'm really chuckling because that quilt was **so much a fake quilt** that I felt guilty making it.  :-)   it was too easy.  It was also terminally boring: I machine zig-zagged all the raw edges of the black fabric.  Oh my lord, was that BORING.

But it did turn out so pretty. :-)   Thanks. :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

7/2/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I machine zig-zagged all the raw edges of the black fabric.  Oh my lord, was that BORING.

I felt  that way after three rounds of zig zagging 'Miss MaryJane'....(my machine does not have a good satin stitch...sigh)

In reply toRe: msg 10
viola (sissly4)

7/2/20

Linda I was just testing to see if I could post and it went thru.

LindaPutt

7/3/20

Too funny - I couldn't tell from your post if you were waving at me or typing a secret acronym I wasn't familiar with.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

7/5/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

r my faux Rose Window 

I actually prefer this one.  It's beautiful.

tuckyquilter

7/6/20

It is an amazing quilt.  But like you, I took one look at the price of their "specialty rulers" and thought: "Nope, not happening".  However I started looking at the rulers and deciding if I could make similar blocks with the rulers I already own.   I admire folks who are willing to spend the cash and make the quilt.  I'm just to lazy.. for the most part.  I don't want to have to think to hard when I'm sewing. I want to kick back, listen to audiobooks and just sew.