Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9441 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-18

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

You're a quick as Shelley!!

Never!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-18

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Do they also have to be buried with a mask on?

have not heard! but if they do...the Funeral home is gonna have to supply it...they were not sent to the Funeral home wearing one...

geeze....this whole COVID stuff is getting so ridiculous ...

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-18

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

stoooopid COVID

understatement of the year!

CC (ccase5)

Jan-18

Rules like the casket being different doesn't fly with me since someone in years forward will dig people up to see why they died! we dig up Plague victims now! so stupid really. I for one do not need to know why they were buried but do wish they would leave everyone alone who did leave this life. sigh. I just took a deep breath. Still can do that! (()).
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-18

I was being a little sarcastic.  I think a special coffin is overkill.

bornblesse2

Jan-18

Suze, the more I think about the casket, that is just rediculous! You folks are not breathing anymore, and once a casket is closed, what could be the difference?  My heart goes out to you Over all this crazy, painful, confusing things going On for you!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-18

The caskets they picked were rather inexpensive ones - they were always 'frugal'! It's just fiberboard...little more than a cardboard box...I guess the state says it has to be at least a wooden box instead of fiberboard to keep the COVID germies inside the box and not leach into the ground at least for a few more years.

I had no idea they picked fiberboard!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

The caskets they picked were rather inexpensive ones - they were always 'frugal'! It's just fiberboard

Oh, fer cryin' out loud!  Why not?  Coffins and caskets and flowers and ceremonies are for the living, not for the deceased.  Why shouldn't a casket be of fiberboard?  Is it going to be exhumed and reused at some future point?   If you have a ceremony, those in attendance will already know that you dearly loved and honored your parents.  If your parents had *picked out* that specific item to be buried in, any ill-thoughts are the problem of the people thinking them .. it is no reflection on you.   Now, if you are being forced to "upgrade" and covid is the reason, you probably can't fight City Hall on that one, given the current climate.  OTOH, if you feel like resisting the upgrade, go for it.  :-)  Give 'em hell!  :-)

KSCarolyn

Jan-19

You are absolutely right.  I love the way your advice is alway so spot on.

Carolyn

LABFIEND

Jan-19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

I had no idea they picked fiberboard!!

I didn't know they made caskets of fiberboard.  Aunt Margaret story-she thinks it dumb to spend money on an expensive casket, she tried to talk her SIL to wrap her in a sheet and take her to the cemetery, course he told her he couldn't do it. She is still alive (living in a house with a covid positive great grandchild) and I don't think she has picked out a casket, but I am sure she would go for the fiberboard if she knew.

Ridiculous that they would require a wood box.  Like you don't have enough to deal with!