Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9976 views.
In reply toRe: msg 209

DD's best friend had a bad reaction from her 2nd shot. She is a pharmasist at a hospital. High fever, chills and confusion for 2 days. Doing better now but hers has been the 1st young person with a reaction.

Two days?! Everyone I've known/seen has had just one bad day after the second shot. I'm sorry for her. :( 

yes and she's only 30 and very healthy.  which is what surprised me.  The confusion was a bit freaky too.  My daughter had one bad night, mostly from her arm hurting then she was ok.  

Mishii

Feb-8

I had a rough couple of days. High fever, hard chills, severe aches and pains. However, I don’t think I would be considered either young or healthy. 
ive had several staff that had the same reaction. Worth it though. 

I have read that it helps to be VERY well hydrated before you get the second shot, and continue to drink a lot of water over the next few days.  I know it used to really make a big difference when I was having the IVIG infusions.  If I was not well hydrated, I would come home feeling like I had the flu.  Achy all over (but no chills, those are awful!), headache, slight fever, exhausted.  But always felt much better the next day.  Drink, drink, drink that water!~

Mishii

Feb-9

It didnt help with me.  I am ridiculously hydrated. Hey, maybe it would have been worse if I didn’t drink 90 oz of fluid a day!  Still worth it. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-10

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

DD's best friend had a bad reaction from her 2nd shot.

I had my second vaccine this morning.  So far, so good.  I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

I get my second dose tomorrow.  I am drinking even more water than usual.  I'll be up all night, but I'll be well hydrated when I get my shot tomorrow!  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-10

Here's hoping that we both barely know we got it.  But it's supposed to be a sign that the first one is working.

Dippledock

Feb-11

We have both decided to just have them light the match and give the ashes to our children to mix together and then spread over our property, or as they see fit. We wont care much either way, just so they mixed together first. To date we have been married 59 years so we want to be together in death also.