Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Send encouraging cheer!   General Discussion

Started 1/21/21 by bornblesse2; 7288 views.
MelRN

Jun-12

Suze, praying for you! (((HUGS)))

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-13

Suze (casuzenn) said...

Mama had so many accounts in so many places... we have been busily filling out forms for weeks.

We were in that situation after both my father (2008) and my FIL (2019) passed.  With my Dad's my Mom was still living and that was just a matter of getting my Dad's name off via a death certificate.  My DH's mom had passed (2007) and DFIL had set much in motion to prepare for when he was no longer able to but we (DH as Trustee/Executor) found so many little companies he's invested money with likely via them cold calling him.  He prepared a list of all assets for the Trust lawyer and he STILL can't declare the Trust executed and DONE.  It is crazy!  Some of them are difficult to make contact with and to get any sort of response but nothing works.  So we still receive tiny 36cent "profit" check.  I encourage you and your sister to keep at things a bite at a time.  And keep notes or even a log of when you make phone calls of what happened if/when you get through and what was said/done.  DH wrote a log and follow up tickler program that reminds him of all the details and action list items promised on the date to watch for.  

Suze (casuzenn) said...

Judy - I may be able to integrate the FQ into the quilt...will have to see if I can fussy cut some of those cool motifs..

As soon as I saw that Rd to CA FQ (at Savers one trip!) I KNEW I had to get it as I thought of you immediately!  If I was wise I should have made it into a block for you but I couldn't decide what section of the print I wanted to fussy cut!!  Enjoy!

Bringing this back to the top, go to the 1st message by Ellen for the link to instructions for the blocks.

MelRN

Aug-7

You rock! I swear I searched like an hour! Thanks :)