Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can We Talk About Refrigerators?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-29 by judyinohio; 1594 views.

yeah, you don't just drive through (or by) San Angelo on the way to somewhere else.  You have to be coming here on purpose.  LOL  That's one thing I do like about it - it's some distance from any Interstate, kind of insulated.  But around 100,000 population, with a good-sized state university.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-29

a singing fridge??!! oh my...that would scare the beejeebees out of me too!

My vent hood fan already turns itself on and off, if I forget to turn it on while cooking something, and it thinks things are getting too hot.  First time it happened, it skeered the poopie out of me!    

I have kind of wished sometimes we had one of those that kept the grocery list online instead of the piece of paper tacked to the front.  Sooo many times we get to the store and forgot or lost that little paper.  It's like a memory game, seeing if we can remember the 5 things written there, you get a prize if you get home with everything on it.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-29

oh...I bet that was an experience! 

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-29

yah..I forget my list all the time...I have an app on the phone, but its not easy to use...haven't found one that is easy yet...needs to have a way to keep your standard buys, ability to mark that you got the item in the store, then clear out and a way to tell the standards that you still have enough...plus a way to add unusuals... 

and I don't want one with Alexa or Siri...sigh...those girls get around TOOOOOO much...

latterberry

Jan-30

I'm with you.  I have a 25 year old Amana fridge with the freezer on top.  That's how I like it and I am such a creature of habit that if I had to get a new one, I would hope I can find the same thing.  I really don't want one with all sorts of bells and whistles and extra compartments.  My DH can only see what is right in front so ideally I would need one that is only one layer deep.

LABFIEND

Jan-30

latterberry said:

I really don't want one with all sorts of bells and whistles and extra compartments. 

I really think it is hard to find one without the bells and whistles.  I saw a commercial for one of our appliance centers, they advertised "entry level" appliances all the way up to premier appliances.  I figure the entry level are the ones without the bells and whistles.  All the bells and whistles mean more electronics to malfunction, I am with you, just want the basics!!

bornblesse2

Jan-30

That is how I felt when looking for a refrigerator not so long ago.  I didn’t want all the electronic gadgets, just mostly Dials.  I am happy with what I got...

btw, we ended up at an appliance store to find what we wanted, rather than Lowe’s or Home Depot.  They definitely have more appliances in stock and available.

judyinohio

Jan-30

Spoken like a true Big City woman with lots of options.  wink

Here in my town I have a choice between Big Sandy Superstore, Menard's  and Lowe's.  (You probably have never heard of Big Sandy or Menard's.) I managed to hit all three stores yesterday and was able to get my serious browsing done in reasonable comfort.  Went home and took a "pit stop" after the first two stores plus I wanted to take DH to Lowe's because he wears his SAC baseball cap when shopping and veterans are always treated with great respect at our Lowe's. 

Anyhow, found a refrigerator that DH and I really like at Lowe's (which had the largest selection of fridges they could deliver within a three day window which is good for us). 

Now I have to wait until Mr. Appliance repair guy comes on Monday and gives our Kenmore a once over to see if what happened earlier this week was a fluke or if the thing is really is on its deathbed.

The one I really like is an LG model that has a "peek-a-boo" door that you can open to quickly grab milk jug or pop can without opening entire door. Energy-saving idea that some woman engineer thought of (my comment to sales guy that made him laugh.)  Here's the link if you are curious:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/LG-InstaView-27-cu-ft-French-Door-Refrigerator-with-Ice-Maker-and-Door-within-Door-Fingerprint-Resistant-Stainless-Steel-ENERGY-STAR/1000938916