Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No longer full time employment   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-29 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 607 views.
viola (sissly4)

Jan-29

Now days you can believe anything.

I know but DH has always wanted to really be in the country - this place is too suburbs for him.  It puts us an hour closer to DD & the closest cousins. And building a new place will be an adventure.  I can "tweek" my sewing room as I want.  And looking forward to a bigger kitchen & Laundry room where I can open the dryer door without hitting the opposite wall.  We don't want a formal living room or dining room so cutting those out.  Once it is done you are always welcome for a repeat trip. blush  

There is a tank on the land and I'm sure fireflies too.  But it is more West Texas like than here, mostly Mesquite trees but a few evergreen type Oaks.  Here is the biggest on the hill where planning the house.  I wanted to add keep in mind this is winter, it is pretty green in the summer.  The grass gets about knee high and is thick.  It looks kind of desert right now but it is not that dry.

and here is what the rest of it looks like.  Not very exciting but it has some nice spots with groups of trees.  Which the wild hogs like by the way.  DH has taken the younger dog with him and she has a grand old time exploring and visiting with the cows.  Yehaw, it's the country life for me (cue the green acres theme song).

That looks a LOT like the land around this area where I live.  

pretty similar, except I think you have more hills.  We have a few, but we are at the edge, a bit further West and starts getting very flat, By Abilene and you know you are in West Texas. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-29

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Once it is done you are always welcome for a repeat trip.   

awesome, possum!  :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-29

enjoy the next phase of your life...it sounds exciting!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-1

Next phase = building a house while getting this one ready to sell.  Bathroom remodel started yesterday.  wheee!

That should keep you busy.  I was working when we were getting ready to move last time.  I know Bob got rid of some things I would have kept.  He says that is a good thing.  Maybe so.....

thinking about DH cleaning out my sewing room is what holds me back from cleaning out his garage.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-5

Looks like a beautiful place and you have some nice trees, that's a bonus.  It should be fun designing your sewing room the way you want it.  Now that's exciting! 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-5

thinking about DH cleaning out my sewing room is what holds me back from cleaning out his garage.

grinning