Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

  • 6114
  • 148478
  • 7


block name?   General Discussion

Started Feb-4 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1); 636 views.

Ah, searching from there, I find "shaded four patch"!! Lots of quilts with them. Thank you again :D 

Yeah, "shaded 4 patch" or "split 4 patch" - neither one of those names really makes sense to me for that block - hah!  But I guess all we need to know is what other people call it, so we can look it up.  ha



From: bornblesse2


Judy, Ellen trick is to click on the picture after uploading it and it will give me an option to rotate the picture!

lol, I’m tickled that I could share a technology tip as I am not that great with it.


From: judyinohio


Thank you, Ellen!

  • Edited February 5, 2021 4:59 pm  by  judyinohio

From: sueinIL


Oh wow!  I have at least 100 of those blocks I did 25+ years ago--by hand--in Kansas Troubles fabrics.  Somewhere I lost interest in that project and they're still in a trunk in my sewing room. Sorry, I don't know the name, but I know someone here will.

Sue in IL

Can't remember the name of the block but those were part of the rules for the first ever quilt challenge I ever did back around 1998 or 9. I know the name of the block was in the rules. I turned the blocks in such a way that you did not notice them and made an on point border. 


From: latterberry


Thanks for sharing that page anyway.  I liked a couple of the blocks and printed it off for "someday I'll try".


From: tuckyquilter


EQ8 calls it several things: "Four Patch Straight Furrow".  Somewhere in my garage I have a book on the patterns from the Kansas City Star paper of years gone by.