Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

yahoo, anyone here?   General Discussion

Started Feb-8 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1544 views.

I have had a really busy day and nothing really quilty I can share. 

I know he is frustrated I am not more "involved" in the floor plan - he has spent HOURS staring at the computer, playing with a CAD program he found.  I'm frustrated he is not helping much with the clean up around here.  Though he did work on replacing the exhaust fan in the bathroom, but then he slipped and fell down the stairs from the attic.  Fortunately no "obviously" broken bones though I'm wondering about his elbow and ribs.  Men.  who would think it was a good idea of work in the attic while wearing slippers.  seriously!

judyinohio

Feb-8

Clever men frequently fall short in the common sense department.

My son (the PhD in Geometry guy) is a superb example of that. During his high school and college years we frequently joked about getting him a vanity license plate with "WHOOPS" on it. Don't know about his behavior since he got married and established a home five hundred miles from Ohio but he's a serious woodworker in his spare time and he still has all of his fingers so I guess he is doing okay.

bornblesse2

Feb-8

Well, Ellen has been doing odds and ends today.  Making some needed appointments, and so 3 cleaning.  Rattling around and just not very chatty - for no particular reason!

Mishii

Feb-8

No retreat stuff here. Just work and more work. 

latterberry

Feb-9

Maybe some of us are quiet because with all this quarantine business, we aren't getting out to do anything exciting to talk about.  I think this ^$^* pandemic is having bad effects on our psyches.  I know I am beginning to feel like a hermit content to stay at home.  We also have the same wind factor with ice on the roads which doesn't help.

I am proud of myself though that I have gotten about 8 nap and kid quilts sandwiched (the part I hate doing) and ready to be quilted. Then I can take my load of them up to the Children's Hospital and the  chemo center.  That will feel good to get them out of the way.  

I have also been working on my ancestry and having good fun with that.  I'm only working on following my dad's line a far back as I can and found a really cool character.  Grace O'Malley from the late 1500s (also known as the Pirate Queen) i my 11th great grandmother. Google her if you like--quite a woman.  

judyinohio

Feb-9

I've heard of Grace O'Malley!  You found her in your family tree?!  That is so cool!

No wonder you sometimes jump in your car and go off looking for adventure with that gene in your DNA.  grinning

latterberry

Feb-9

LOL!! I thought of that!

that is cool.  My grandfather was a gun runner for Pancho Villa.  But I'm adopted so he's not technically in my gene pool.blush

and yes I think it is definitely affecting us in many ways.  I don't think we're as nice a people as we were 12 months ago.  Or maybe we were always selfish and crazy but you just didn't know it.

viola (sissly4)

Feb-9

I have been under the weather.Friday was the first time I went out since Jan 3th.Have not drove my car since Dec 11th. Yesterday was the first time I sat at the sewing machine sewing binding on one quilt.And had to hem up some sleeves on my jacket for the wedding Sat.One of my step grand child is getting marry.My wrist got a little work out.But I knew when to quit.I am going to let it rest today.