Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Big Dream panel - quilting   General Discussion

Started Feb-8 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 1161 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-8

judyinohio said:

but the pacemaker/defibrillator implant has made working at my HQ Avante a no-go situation because the magnet gets my implant a bit excited. 

OH NO!  That's AWFUL.   Judy, I feel so badly for you.  What a horrid disappointment that you can't use your Avante any longer.  :-(

Too bad you can't rig up a shield of sorts, either around the magnet in the Avante or around your torso .. kinda like Kevlar vests ... to deflect the magnet effects.

Mishii

Feb-8

Oh I’m absolutely doing this next time. Love it!

judyinohio

Feb-8

I mentioned the issue when I went in for my three month follow up at the pacemaker clinic and the technician looked at me like he had never heard of such a problem before. He agreed that if this piece of sewing equipment made my pacemaker "buzz" with a "tingling" sensation then I should avoid it. 

Yeah, thanks, dude.  unamused

In reply toRe: msg 6
judyinohio

Feb-8

Mishii is the lucky winner in my give-away.

• Edited February 8, 2021 9:53 pm  by  judyinohio
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-8

judyinohio said:

I mentioned the issue when I went in for my three month follow up

obviously, I totally missed it.  Must not have been wearing my glasses.  :-(

Judy I would love to have your big dream panels. I will email you tomorrow for details. 

In reply toRe: msg 11

Ok guess Mishi saw this and snagged them.

judyinohio

Feb-8

If Mishii is willing to share I could divvy them between the two of you ... she jumped in and claimed them first but perhaps she doesn't need both.

Flip coins like nice kids and decide who gets which color.

Well if she wants to share she can pick her favorite and I would be delighted with the other. If not I will go pout in the corner.