Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Funny Animals - kitty approval   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-9 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 716 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-9

Nothing like the kitty stamp of approval.

CC (ccase5)

Feb-9

Beautiful!! It's funny, we had a sofa against a wall and my cats would at times run behind it. didn't scratch though. Then later we moved the sofa out into the room and not against a wall, that seemed to mean all bets were off and scratching post sofa saga began!! Grrrrr. or should I say MEOW.

DH really wants to get him declawed and I do not, so I'm trying all the tricks possible.  He never bothered the prior sofas but started messing with the random chairs - I think it had more to do with all the changes/construction we've been doing.  I'm hoping when the rooms settle down he will as well.

judyinohio

Feb-9

Point out to DH that it would be totally unacceptable to declaw a cat that has to live with those huge dogs.  Find a new home for Ranger instead.

• Edited February 9, 2021 2:44 pm  by  judyinohio

I have pointed out that the dogs have also done plenty of damage over the years to the house.  & Ranger has not ever been a big scratcher on the furniture.  He has however done significant damage to the door frames, even the one right next to his cat tree, dumb cat.  Periodically I have put up foil to discourage him which works well.  We may have a knock down drag out over it as I do not want to declaw him.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-9

declaw?  oh no no no!!   Research on how to discourage Ranger from scratching things that should be left alone.

AND ... work on re-educating DH.  Of course, you need to pick your battles, but on this one, I'd stand firm.  AND keep Ranger.

CC (ccase5)

Feb-9

they have those glue on covers for cat's nails. the come off over time though of course and need to be done again. removing claws is so hard on the animal. hurts them a lot. whom ever suggests it should try it on themselves first!

If poor kitty ever got locked out or lost, he would be unable to defend himself.  Yikes!