Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Funny Animals - kitty approval   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-9 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 713 views.

I have pointed out that the dogs have also done plenty of damage over the years to the house.  & Ranger has not ever been a big scratcher on the furniture.  He has however done significant damage to the door frames, even the one right next to his cat tree, dumb cat.  Periodically I have put up foil to discourage him which works well.  We may have a knock down drag out over it as I do not want to declaw him.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-9

declaw?  oh no no no!!   Research on how to discourage Ranger from scratching things that should be left alone.

AND ... work on re-educating DH.  Of course, you need to pick your battles, but on this one, I'd stand firm.  AND keep Ranger.

CC (ccase5)

Feb-9

they have those glue on covers for cat's nails. the come off over time though of course and need to be done again. removing claws is so hard on the animal. hurts them a lot. whom ever suggests it should try it on themselves first!

If poor kitty ever got locked out or lost, he would be unable to defend himself.  Yikes!  

Maybe wrap the new sofa in foil for a few weeks.

I declared 2 cats decades ago......never again.

Well one of the cats got an infection from the procedure and we had to take him to vet urgent care. He got better. When he was 13 he escaped outside and we could not find him. I was devastated. His brother did fine after the surgery. 

The reason they got declawed was that I bought an art deco sofa in mint condition and they totally destroyed it, as well as some other furniture.

judyinohio

Feb-10

Art deco sofa was probably stuffed with horsehair or something else irresistibly "delicious" to kitty sensory system.

That was years ago so not sure what was in the stuffing but the sofa was an origional form the art deco 1920's and in brand new condition. A few weeks in my house and it looked like a shredded mess on the back and one side..........really sad. It was a very heavy piece of furniture and really well made. I was in my 20's and do not remember when I got rid of that sofa but if it was today I would have it recovered for sure. With age comes wisdom and more common sense.