Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Whee - snowing in North Texas   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1607 views.

The windchill is 19 here says temp is 30.  Supposed to be snowing in an hour. Not much though.

I’m so glad we went to have hubby’s lab work done yesterday.  His kidney function has gone down to 29%.  Puts him in Stage 4 kidney diseaseconfused

judyinohio

Feb-10

Midkid5 said:

Do take a good amount of time to review the final chosen floor plans, you will be glad you did once the house is built.

That is super-duper advice, Jo.

DH reviewed our house plans over and over and over until I was ready for divorce court.  LOL  And yet we did forget one thing that he mentioned about a month after we moved in. DH thought it would have been nice if we had built in a "safe room", a room in our basement with a built-in safe. 

Actually, more of a closet, not a room.

• Edited February 10, 2021 6:57 pm  by  judyinohio

In Texas, a "safe" room would also mean a built-in storm shelter - for those Texas tornadoes, don'tcha know?

and they are frequently together too.  yup, that one is on the list.  And now the "thing" around here is a hidden room as well.

We looked at a house in Texas when we were there that had a hidden room.........it was kinda neat idea.

I am finding something pretty interesting.  Many of the rooms are very similar to what we have here.  Which indicates a couple of things - either we really like our current house (which I do) or we don't have much imagination.  My sewing room is identical even down to the door & window placement, except 2 feet bigger in both directions.  Kitchen has considerably more counter space but dining room and living room are the same as is the master bed room & bath.  Part of me wants to ask why we are moving.  But I know the answer - location.  DH is soooo excited about the stock tank,  he's been out there twice this week to see how it's going.  Come Spring I'm sure he's going to be out there fishing.

it's gotten more popular lately with all the paranoia.  enough said.

judyinohio

Feb-10

Ohio houses have basements to shelter in when tornadoes come. 

Didn't you live in Ohio at one time? You should be aware of our homes with basements with gravity furnaces and handy places for storing jars of jam and jellies, not to mention Christmas stuff and other goodies.

I loved your basement - all the ROOOOOM!  Of course my husband would find a way to fill it up regardless.smile

Well, I actually lived in a high-rise dorm for older students, on the campus of The Ohio State University.