Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Out my window - Robins   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 87 views.

One of the best parts of working from home has been enjoying the wildlife from my window.  About a week ago I noticed a flock of robins (50 plus) enjoying something in our dead grass.  There were also 2 redheaded woodpeckers pecking at the red oak - I've seen those a few times before but never two together.  Wow, that was fun.  We haven't seen many robins here before and it was fun to see so many.  They hung around for a few minutes then left as a group.  Well since then I've started seeing a handful of robins in the yard - 3 this morning.  I guess a few decided not to fly south after all.  They sure are big guys, much bigger than the ones I used to see in NM as a kid.  Not sure what there is in our very thin dead grass that they like, but they sure are busy.  And such big plump red breasts.  The snow has stopped and now the birds are about again.

I need to make sure I can see the yard from my sewing room in the new house.