Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thank You, Viola, For Jelly Roll Suggestion   General Discussion

Started Feb-12 by judyinohio; 470 views.
judyinohio

Feb-12

When I asked for ideas for my last jelly roll project Viola offered a good suggestion (to my way of thinking) and here it is, done up in bright juvenile colors and juvenile size.  Thank you, dear woman, for an idea I could work with.  The fabric on the bolt of lime green will be the backing.

Everything was found in my stash.

viola (sissly4)

Feb-12

Judy I like the colors that you use it is very bright some little one will love that one and it's a very easy and simple one too doesn't take very much brain to put it together

Mishii

Feb-12

That’s a fun quilt!

latterberry

Feb-13

You went right to town on that one and got a darling quilt pieced in no time.  Love the bright cheery colors and your border is perfect.  Do you have a recipient in mind?

judyinohio

Feb-13

Lynne, I will probably finish the other top I was working on, kit both of them up and take them to the group of Church Ladies who were my biggest Project Linus donors. I will let them quilt them and give them away.

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-13

ooh...like that a lot!

So Judy and Viola, can you share with us how this is made?

judyinohio

Feb-14

Granny Jane, I am trying to use up my stash before I die of old age, so the white squares are a "Charm Pack" of 5" fabrics cut into fourths, thus 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" squares of white.

I had a Jelly Roll of bright fabrics and I cut those into 6 1/2" pieces thus the colors are 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" pieces.

Stitched the whites to the colors and pressed seams to the colors.

Used a design wall covered in flannel to stagger the strips so that the white squares are "stair-stepping" down the wall.

I could have made the quilt top much larger but my fingertips are smoothed out with age (too many decades of keyboard work and needlework) and it is difficult for me to grip pins for pinning rows for careful stitching. I did not use up all of the Jelly Roll pieces. My DD will have to use up the leftovers.

• Edited February 14, 2021 5:22 pm  by  judyinohio
LindaPutt

Feb-14

So cheery!

• Edited February 14, 2021 5:43 pm  by  LindaPutt
judyinohio

Feb-14

Thank you, Linda. I have always favored the bright colors in a small Crayola crayon box. relaxed