Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

how crazy am I?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-22 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 2449 views.
Midkid5

Feb-22

No crazy yet, somethings to think about

When will your house be done?  Can you handle living in a small space for an extended period of time?  How well do you do without a nice long shower every few days, RV showers can be nice but it's not the same as a house shower? Can you deal well seeing the project every day and thinking/feeling that things should be moving faster.  How well will the design plans be stuck to or will you be wanting to make last minute changes once you see things in 3D?

Jo

judyinohio

Feb-22

Dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

It's all about making DH happy, isn't it?

Forget about today's housing market. He's just using that to twist your thinking so you will make him happy.

He's already backed off this morning.   There are things he doesn't want to put in a storage locker.  We're going to keep juggling.  Worst case  we can rent the old house - the rental market here is extremely good (not many rent houses to be had) so even if we couldn't sell it we could rent it.  And we aren't talking about more than 12 months, I just don't believe things are going to change here that quickly.  If they do, we all have bigger problems.

judyinohio

Feb-22

Whew!  Sorry I got so snippy but I was thinking of your Q stuff in storage, your dogs and Ranger cooped up in an RV, etc. and it just freaked me out.

not to worry.  Yes, the dogs would be ok, but Ranger would not.  DH has a tendency to make things harder than they have to be.  I'm always pulling the other way, how can we simplify.  He wants to put stuff in storage, I want to get rid of things.  I'm hoping to use the move as an opportunity to Clean Out.  I had a bit of a melt down yesterday morning over the fact that he still has done very little around here, that we'd likely be moved and he'd still be dragging his feet on the projects here with the house sitting empty and unable to sell.  We agreed to a timetable that includes specific items that have to be completed here before we can break ground - motivation for him.  I'll let you know how it goes. blush

oh, the shower is a good point.  I hadn't thought of that argument.  I don't think it's going to happen.  he's rethought this morning and has some additional concerns also.  Neither one of us have ever spent time in an RV.  If we do end up having to sell this early, we would likely find a short term rental house.  

judyinohio

Feb-22

But you wrote earlier that rental homes are in short supply ...

Sounds like you will have to crack the whip and get him working on House #1 (your current house) before he even breaks ground on House #2 (the House of his Dreams).

nylaagain

Feb-22

As one far too familiar with tiny living spaces, I can verify you will probably not enjoy the tiny shower experience long term. With the new hot water systems that heat it as it’s drawn, running out shouldn’t happen but tiny bathrooms do not grow on you.

LABFIEND

Feb-22

My brother did that also, I don't think I could!!  Good luck.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-23

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I'm hoping to use the move as an opportunity to Clean Out. 

It certainly worked for us.  We both had a lot to get rid of.  We are still doing it!