Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No Magnets in Back of HQ 18 Avante   General Discussion

Started Feb-22 by judyinohio; 650 views.
judyinohio

Feb-24

Correct. 

The local Medtronics guy who is checking out my pacemaker/defibrillator every two months (for the first year) found nothing amiss at my last "tune-up".  The HandiQuilter people say that there is no magnet that could have caused a "buzz". 

I know what I felt those two times in a row so there was definitely something but it has not happened since that one time and so I will tell myself that my device (which I call Freya for the surgical nurse who was by my side during the whole implant procedure) just had a temporary hiccup of some sort. 

I will go back to the heart hospital the second week in March for my six month check-up and I'll tell those people about the "buzzing episode" and see what they make of it.

latterberry

Feb-25

Well, that certainly is good news!  I'm sure it was rather scary at the time so hopefully it won't do it any more.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-25

Glad to hear it and that you can use Lily Aurora again.  It will be interesting to see what they say at your check up.  The Medtronic techs are pretty well trained.  They would have been able to see a glitch, I think.

bornblesse2

Feb-25

Oh Judy, I am so glad to hear that you were able to try quilting again!  Let’s pray that sensation is gone for good!

it is encouraging that the company has had and continues to have an interest in this!