Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saguaro Cactus Quilt   General Discussion

Started Feb-25 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 736 views.

I thought some of you might be interested in doing a quilt like this one.  Or maybe even just a couple of blocks to add to another quilt.

http://www.kairleoaks.com/2018/01/saguaro-quilt-tutorial.html?m=1 

That quilt is awesome. It just screams Phoenix! If I lived there I would be lookin thru my scrap bin right now, it would be fun to do one cactus in a small wall hanging though. This year driving South on I-17 to Phoenix I was on the phone to DH and instead of telling him where I was I said there are a bunch of really funny looking trees here!

If I could applique as well as you, I am sure I would add some birds like the ones that nest in saguaros.  

I always remember the first time my family took a really long vacation, and we drove from Texas to California, visiting relatives along the way.  When we drove through Arizona, my Dad talked about the saguaro cacti a lot, and kept saying we should look at the saguaros along the road, instead of doing whatever else we were doing at the time.  (I was 10 at the time, and just beginning to think that my parents were not that cool.  haha)  Anyway, for a long time I thought he was saying "cigarros" instead of saguaros.  LOL   Well, they did kinda look like big cigars.  Hah!   

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-25

Cute quilt but I don't think I would use pink for the background.  I bookmarked it. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-25

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

instead of telling him where I was I said there are a bunch of really funny looking trees here!

LOL!

Yeah, I would probably use a different color or colors for the background.  But that pink might be cute for a little girl's quilt.  DON'T LOOK, PATTY!  haha  

bornblesse2

Feb-25

Those look neat....I think I have a bunch of scrappy greens, maybe even squares.  But I have too many irons in the fire to start anything.

LABFIEND

Feb-25

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Cute quilt but I don't think I would use pink for the background. 

Finally, you are using some sense!!!

LABFIEND

Feb-25

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

DON'T LOOK, PATTY!  haha  

My eyes, My eyes!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Feb-26

I saw that Saguaro cactus quilt too!  I wish my niece were going to graduate from Grand Canyon Univ in Phoenix.  She ended up coming home but perhaps she'll go back to finish.