Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cute B&W&bright paper-pieced block   General Discussion

Started Mar-22 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 1480 views.

that is nice - thanks for sharing.  snipped a copy for my ideas OneNote

CC (ccase5)

Mar-22

Thanks for link. i have tons of black and white and scraps of colors. Will put this pattern to use!!!
latterberry

Mar-22

Thanks--just what I need. Another idea to start on.  No, really, thanks for sharing. I really do like it!   I'm on a mission to quilt up the pile of flimsies that I have and will make myself do a few more before I start something new.  Four down and many more to go.

Well, not everybody likes doing PP-ing, and I don't do them very often.  But once in a while one comes along that I think I would really like to do, and this is one of them.  

aha, now you are giving me some ideas.  I wondered when you'd start sharing  smile

I've done arrows before but I like your version with the 4 patches, gives a great secondary zig zag pattern - do you have a pattern name or idea source for that one?

I've got a stack of 5  or 6 ready to quilt.  I was going to wait until I had a round 10 but I just found out the baby shower is April 24th so now I have a deadline for one of them.  I might give grandma an extra one too - just to keep at her house.

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-22

oooh...the arrows quilt is fascinating!!

latterberry

Mar-23

I haven't PP-ed in a long time, but this one made me want to do it again.  I'm sure it will come back to me.

latterberry

Mar-23

Thanks! I thought you might like that one.  Sorry, no pattern, but I'm sure there is one out there.  although you sure don't need one.  I just saw a picture on Pintrest and drafted it up.  Super easy-- two 4.5 inch HSTs and two 4 patches.  Then just looked at the photo to place them correctly.

Yes, take time out to get a couple quilted up for that new baby.  When I was still working, we would make up a "goodie" basket when a staff member was about to become a new grandma.  Books, toys, and I would give a baby quilt for grandma to keep at her house.  They loved it!