Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cute B&W&bright paper-pieced block   General Discussion

Started Mar-22 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 1489 views.

aha, now you are giving me some ideas.  I wondered when you'd start sharing  smile

I've done arrows before but I like your version with the 4 patches, gives a great secondary zig zag pattern - do you have a pattern name or idea source for that one?

I've got a stack of 5  or 6 ready to quilt.  I was going to wait until I had a round 10 but I just found out the baby shower is April 24th so now I have a deadline for one of them.  I might give grandma an extra one too - just to keep at her house.

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-22

oooh...the arrows quilt is fascinating!!

latterberry

Mar-23

I haven't PP-ed in a long time, but this one made me want to do it again.  I'm sure it will come back to me.

latterberry

Mar-23

Thanks! I thought you might like that one.  Sorry, no pattern, but I'm sure there is one out there.  although you sure don't need one.  I just saw a picture on Pintrest and drafted it up.  Super easy-- two 4.5 inch HSTs and two 4 patches.  Then just looked at the photo to place them correctly.

Yes, take time out to get a couple quilted up for that new baby.  When I was still working, we would make up a "goodie" basket when a staff member was about to become a new grandma.  Books, toys, and I would give a baby quilt for grandma to keep at her house.  They loved it!

I was trying to think of a way to make the triangle part all in one piece as I was trying to fall asleep last night (this morning).  But decided there would be too much waste.  Otherwise I could use it for some larger prints - I might do that anyway on a few of them.  I've got some fabrics that never seem to get used because they are too large for my normal 4" square.  

I couldn't resist, I cut out the novelties for your arrow quilt last night.  I decided to make the arrow head one piece.  Some fabrics already had triangles cut from them, but the others I'll just have some bonus triangles.  Since there were 30 fabrics and no restriction on color other than contrast to background, I decided to use some fabrics that haven't been used in a while.  I have a cousin coming over this afternoon for a sew day and plan to cut the background then start sewing - whee.  With this one and the 16 patch that is ready to sew the rows I will have 10 tops ready to quilt - I've been busy this spring!

latterberry

Mar-25

I'm thrilled that I gave you an inspiration after you have given me so many.  I thought about using one big piece and making a giant flying geese, but I already have  bonus triangles and didn't want to deal with any more.  Looking forward to seeing  yours.  I also had to start piecing one that you showed not that long ago.  It was the one using jelly roll strips and white back ground.  8 inch jr strip and varying white strip  making it zigzag looking.  I think you used rainbow colors but mine is just scrappy.  

We've both given and received lots of inspiration over the years.  Two heads are better than one...relaxed

tuckyquilter

Mar-25

I'm cleaning up "Flimsy Tops" too.  and love your Arrow quilt.  Very bright and cheerful.

I DO love the PP Wombat pattern and have saved the location.

tuckyquilter

Mar-25

Saved the pattern.  This is PP'ing at it's easiest.  I can see using up a boatload of scapes.  PP is often the best way to use up some of those smaller odd shaped ones.

Thanks for sharing.