Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What to call it, and where to get it - ?   Help... I'm In Search Of

Started Mar-26 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 854 views.

Ellen:  Thanks for the link!  Just what I was looking for.  I couldn't come up with the right combination of words.  ha!  

Thanks for the photos and link.  I have never seen one of those covered with the gray wool felt before!  That is great.  Not what I had envisioned, but still great!  

Of course, I remember when it was still difficult to find gray wool pressing mats that didn't cost an arm and a leg.  I remember my LQS telling me they were selling so fast, they couldn't keep them in stock - that was when they were relatively new, and I couldn't believe the price.  Yikes!  Now you can find them everywhere, for a much more reasonable price.  

CC (ccase5)

Mar-26

I've heard them called a Clapper I think.

And "Ewe and Me" - what a cute name for a business that sells wool things!

Thanks - I followed that link and found out that the ONE quilt shop here in San Angelo sells them - wow!  Thanks again.  (I have only been in there once since I moved here, and was not looking for that specific item when I was in there.)  

bornblesse2

Mar-26

I had to play a bit to find it, but I was sure it had stick in it!

bornblesse2

Mar-26

Oh great!  They come in different length!  I love my really long one for bargellos that I press seams open, and for my backing seams.  But I also love my 18”? One for just pressing blocks and part blocks.

but they do come in 3 or 4 lengths.

And they DO give an even crisper, flatter seam than anything else when you want to press the seams open - but I bet it works well on "regular" seams too.  

tuckyquilter

Mar-29

Those pressing sticks are pretty impressive.  Might have to look into one down the road.

Mishii

Apr-3

I made a few. Think I sent one to Carolyn. It was about a 30 minute project start to finish.