Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Applique clock   Show and Tell

Started Apr-11 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1126 views.

Thanks Linda. I like how it looks  but it is not all that easy to tell the time. All the black lines confuse my brain, I almost have to look for the arms. Oh well. Next version I will make it less busy.

How large is the Star?  That is really pretty.  How is the new home project going?

the star is about 9" I think, the canvas was 12" square.  The new home project is stalled for now, waiting on a well guy to drill some test holes.  If we can't get water to the site, then we aren't going to build.  We are continuing on the current house, which is nice finally getting some of the "forever projects" moving around here.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

waiting on a well guy to drill some test holes. 

Luckily at our house in Oklahoma we we able to get water by hooking onto the line from the nearest neighbor. We had troubles with the  septic system. But we ended up being able to do a septic system and not a holding pond.  My husband’s grandpa used to “witch” for water about 100 years ago. People said he was really good.

judyinohio

Apr-22

Our well digging company used a guy to find our well site when we built our house in 1996. Saves time and money when you have a person with a "divining rod" talent to do that work.

LABFIEND

Apr-22

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

The new home project is stalled for now, waiting on a well guy to drill some test holes.  If we can't get water to the site, then we aren't going to build.

Is there a rural water system in your new area?  We got rural water to our house, but have a well for outside watering.  We recently had to put in a new well, cause ours  gave out. they had to go deeper to get new water. Our water is really hard, so the rural water helps in the house, but is expensive to water outside, so glad we have the well also.  Hope your guy finds some water for you!