Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A project from 2012 is now completed.   General Discussion

Started Apr-13 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 315 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-13

In October 2012, I finished hand-piecing a quilt top.  I wanted it hand-quilted but since I don't hand-quilt, I bartered with a hand-quilting friend of mine.  She would do the hand-quilting and I would piece a top for her. (She hates piecing but loves hand-quilting).  In October 2016, my friend returned my now-quilted top to me and I gave to her the top she had wanted pieced.  It was a win/win solution.  :-)

And then that beautifully quilted top sat in my house.  And sat.  And sat.  And sat.  It very politely nagged at me.

FINALLY, in April 2021, I made a label and bias binding and FINISHED that project!  Oh hooray, hooray!  Man, am I glad to get that quilted top done!

But wait!  There's more!  I even made updated my quilting web site with an appropriate page for the quilt!  AND I made a blog post for it.  

I had utterly forgotten how LONG it takes to create a web page.  Not only the writing but editing the pictures!  If the pictures aren't right, you need to take MORE photos ... and then edit them.  It literally took me all doggone day to make that web page.     I'm also sweating bullets that the link from the blog to the web page works.  And I'm sweating bullets that the web page itself looks good.  The previews did but you know how the most stupid mistakes turn up when something goes live.

Here's the finished quilt:

and for ALL the details and more photos, please wander on over to my web site's page for this quilt: Vertical Diamonds    (and I hope THAT link works! )

If not, go to http://piraterodgers.com/quilting/2012-10-vertical-diamonds/

thanks for posting.  That turned out wonderful!  How amazing to see the "story" of the quilting - rows of seeds and watered!  amazing.

judyinohio

Apr-13

I blame my glasses that needed to be cleaned.

That, dear Pirate, is the all time very best excuse for a mistake that I have ever read!! 

It is also proof that I read every word in your most excellent web page story about your Vertical Diamonds quilt.  Excellent work, on both the quilt and the documentation.

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-13

nice...and the quilting IS exquisite! 

Mishii

Apr-13

Fantastic quilt and documentation. You did get a great deal her quilting is amazing!

sueinIL

Apr-14

I'd call that quilt a work of persistent love.  It wouldn't LET you forget it!  Wonderful when two contrasting skills can be put together to create a result that both of the workers can feel proud of having a role in.  Or, in this case, TWO results. Love your story and your beautiful quilt!

Sue in IL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-14

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

FINALLY, in April 2021, I made a label and bias binding and FINISHED that project!  Oh hooray, hooray! 

Nice to finish a long languishing project, isn't it?  This is a UFO year for me but I do have the 3 t-shirt quilts to do.  I'm going to keep track of how many I can finish this year.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-14

Just read the blog.  Beautiful quilting.  I love how the quilt spoke to her.  14 stitches per inch is amazing.  I have a quilt I started in the late 1980's that is not finished.  It is a quilt as you go.  The blocks are machine pieced and hand quilted.  I'm to the putting it together stage and quilting sashings.  It may never be completed.disappointed