Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Shipping Costs to California   Off-Topic Chat

Started Sep-7 by judyinohio; 819 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-7

Judy, try the online site "Pirate Ship".  Yeah, it's  legitimate!  It's a discount shipper.  I've successfully used it several times for packages.

You do need to create an account.  The procedure is straightforward.   You pay the postage fee to them via credit card (or maybe PayPal .... I don't quite remember) then you print out the postage "stamp".  Slap it on the package,  drop it off at the PO ...bingo, you're done.

I don't know how they get to do it but it works 

Pirateship.com

I am really good at folding a quilt really small and stuffing it into the flat rate box for the post office. I fold accordian style and sometimes sit on the box to get it to fit. Putting in a plastic bag also helps keep it in place better. Yep postage is thru the roof.

judyinohio

Sep-7

I also sent her two large baggies of all of the leftover "strings" as a "challenge" to create some placemats or tote bags or whatevers.

I know that she has a sewing machine in working order and I thought a teasing note along the lines of "Now it's your turn to play" would be fun just to keep her busy.  We'll see ...

tuckyquilter

Sep-25

Blame it on the Gov.  High gas prices are causing everything to go up

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-8

tuckyquilter said...

Blame it on the Gov.  High gas prices are causing everything to go up

That's the truth!  And it's NOT funny!

CC (ccase5)

Oct-29

goodness, that really could have gone to England!!