Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 60446 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/21/22

You will be missed, Linda.  I will return your deposit.  I don't get to see you anymore.  We will have to schedule a Phoenix sew day.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/21/22

She sure is a cutie.  They grow so fast.

latterberry

1/21/22

I don't know how you do it.  One day with a toddler would do me in.  I don't know how you can do it full time.  You are an impressive woman!

LindaPutt

1/21/22

Thanks Judy.  I hate that I can't go to retreat again.  I miss everyone so much.

You said, "cancel from the retreat too" - have you also had to cancel?

LindaPutt

1/21/22

Thank you Judy, and thank you also for saying prayers over the years Judy; I believe they truly help.  For so many years we feared for her welfare and safety.  I'm just so grateful that she's come through it now and is making a good life for herself and Kingsley.  Kingsley is a daily motivator for her to stay on this good path.  She's blessed our lives in so many ways.

LindaPutt

1/21/22

Yes, Zahn is in school - 2nd grade already.  He was adopted, so Lindzey doesn't have him any longer.  We've stayed very involved in his life because we care for him while his adopted mom, Bobbie, works.  He's here a lot even when she doesn't work because we don't have the commitments that a working mom does, and can play with him, and take him to the park and such.  Plus Bobbie wanted him to know he has 2 homes (bless her for that).  We've been so happy to have him as a member of our home all of these years.

Zahn & Kingsley get along so well together.  Every day after school when he gets in the door, the first thing Zahn says is, "is the baby here?"  Then they play together for an hour or so.  She crawls all over him and he thinks it's so much fun.  He knows that she's his sister.  He's very protective of her. 

Zahn knows that Lindzey is his birth mom.  He gets to see her when she picks Kingsley up in the evening.  He always wants to wait to go back home for the night until Lindzey picks the baby up.  Lindzey & Zahn give each other lots of hugs.  It's a very sweet relationship.

LindaPutt

1/21/22

Thanks about Rick too, Judy.  Besides the pain, the hardest thing for him is the impact it's had on exercising (his primary "hobby").  He's jogged since he was a teenager - and I mean he'd have to be practically die-ing to miss his morning jog.  When they found his heart valve problem, he switched to walking until he could have the surgery (during COVID so there were several delays).  After his valve replacement surgery, he started having these back issues, so he's continued to walk.  Thankfully the doctors think it's good for him to walk, so he still goes out every morning, and plugs along.  Truth be told, he's awfully tired the rest of the day, after expending his energy on his long walks, so he does quite a bit of napping these days.  I'm grateful that he keeps a good attitude even though he has a lot of pain.

LindaPutt

1/21/22

Thanks so much Ami, I really appreciate your prayers and support.  He's hanging in, but with both heart and pain issues, he felt he needed to retire, so sold his business.   Another big change but he's glad he did it when he did.

LindaPutt

1/21/22

Thanks Cathy.  I'll miss you too!  Retreat is such a highlight of the year for me and everyone.  I'm sad to have to miss it.

LindaPutt

1/21/22

They sure do.  It's amazing how fast they go from barely walking to running everywhere they go.