Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 58977 views.
lppenguins

Jan-23

Oh gosh I know. I’ve only been working with wool for a few years and I have accumulated a lot!   My sister J is now getting into wool appliqué so I shared and she was so shocked (and delighted) I had such a stash.

bornblesse2

Jan-23

Laura,

I hope you see this before Monday!  If you are going to Mulqueens for Kona cream. Specifically….DONT!  Glendale Mulqueens doesn’t carry it, we carry Painters Pallet solid. You can order it online and either have it shipped or pick up at Glendale….

and last I looked, we didn’t have much in the way of light batiks.  I say look online before going!  I will be sorting Denise’s stash with Cathy and Carry on Monday.  …

KSCarolyn

Jan-23

I thought I would take one of my tests the day before or the day of to make sure I'm not sick before I leave home for AZ.  If I'm going to be sick, I would rather be sick here not there.

Carolyn

Didn't I read somewhere that when we bring the sewing notion, it needs to be wrapped?  That does make sense, and will be more fun when we all unwrap them at the end.  I thought I read to wrap it, but then thought maybe I dreamed it.  

KSCarolyn

Jan-24

I checked Message #3 and nothing was said in the original post about wrapping.  But, I think I remember someone stating it should be wrapped.  We are having another hostess meeting next week and will get it clarified.  

Carolyn

In reply toRe: msg 491
bornblesse2

Jan-24

ADOPTION needed!

i am bring to retreat a box from Denise’s that has 3 black and white projects started that need adoption! The bottom of the box has black and white prints - along with the separated bags that have fabrics.

i know several of you asked for charity things to sew.  So ponder these 3!  First responder gets first choice!

A).

i am almost positive this was the Irish Chain mystery that Linda P. Did with us.  Don’t ask my why it has borders on one end……I have the fabrics!  I don’t see the pattern.  The adoptive parent would need to dig the pattern out or contact Linda for the pattern to finish!

ladies, it is 1/2 done!

B).  This bundle is the stretched chain mystery that I did you a few years ago.  I didn’t look too close, but pattern is there, and it looks like the clues are bagged.  It just needs to be put together.

C). This bundle is a black and white doggie panel that she cut up and was scrappily putting together with some red.  I pile of blocks and rectangles are together!   At retreat with the design walls might be a great place to get this arranged!

speak up Ladies!  Charity quilts half made!  Or make it for yourself!

LABFIEND

Jan-24

I can take B, unless someone else REALLY wants it!!

Mishii

Jan-24

I want B. You know I can’t do the others!

Not me -- I already have one B&W UFO to finish, and I know I probably won't be able to do another one of those.  But you - you can finish 3 UFOs in the time it would take me to finish just ONE!  

And besides, if I did one, I'd rather do C.  La dee da ... La dee da ...