Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fine on a bed--not in the kitchen   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Apr-19 by latterberry; 1437 views.

She's an unforgettable character.  Her husband died a few years ago.  

latterberry

Apr-20

Holy cow!  I googled Freddy and she sure does make some bright and outlandish quilts.  I like and make brights, but hers make mine pale in comparison. Hers are over the top!  

judyinohio

Apr-20

Lynne, if you don't mind, I will hijack your thread and post some photos from Freddy's book and show her kitchen and other photos from her house. They will inspire you to drive your DH nuts with brighter color choices.

Here's the cover of the 1999 edition of her book; Amazon offers a reprint and I cannot guarantee if what's inside matches what I found in my edition.

And here are two pages showing her display of chinaware and her kitchen. She did not cover every square inch of the kitchen walls with art. She obviously loves collecting chinaware.

Then there's the issue of bright fabrics ... lots and lots of bright fabrics. A girl can never have too many reds according to Freddy.

Her kitchen looks much better than the one that started this post. Not that I would want to do that to my kitchen but I could be in the space and not want to get outta there as fast as I can.

Midkid5

Apr-20

I totally agree with you.  The picture that started this thread is just to much.

Jo

latterberry

Apr-21

That woman sure does like brights.  Not quite as bad as the other one, but would drive me nuts.

MaryOhio

Apr-21

hmmmm, ummmm, wow--definitely alot to look at hushed

latterberry

Apr-21

I think I would go cross-eyed in there! 

someone has too much Talevera tile (a Mexican tile very popular around Santa Fe).  They even put it in the toe space and looks like on the front of the drawers - hmmmm.  I used a blue & white tile as an accent in our kitchen remodel in Santa Fe - all blue & white including blue grout - that wasn't practical either.  I learned the hard way, never ever have a tile counter in a kitchen. 

latterberry

Apr-22

Each tile is really pretty, just too much of it.  I don't think I would like tile on my kitchen counters either.  I'm way too messy.