Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jog My Memory For Me Please   General Discussion

Started May-25 by judyinohio; 533 views.

I also meant to say that it appears Roberta died in 2021.

Also, things sure change quickly.  I believe Ricky is now married to a different guy than Justin.

At this site, you can view the entire 2014 appearance of Mary and Roberta on The Quilt Show.

https://thequiltshow.squarespace.com/blog/in-memoriam-roberta-horton/?utm_source=Infusionsoft&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021_02_08_Newsletter_02&inf_contact_key=a1f2eefe6388ba0947061c1a7fb4dc9a680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1 

judyinohio

May-26

Wow!   Thank you oodles for finding that episode and sharing it with us. I watched it and really enjoyed it a lot. I had forgotten how many of the books I own written by one or the other of them.

I really appreciate you finding that episode of the Quilt Show as I had not been a fan of the show for years. Hugs to you Jonna.

You're welcome.  I have a box somewhere that has several VHS tapes full of Simply Quilts, The Carol Duvall Show, and other sewing and crafting shows that were on HGTV.  I would like to convert them to digital form and upload them to YouTube, but I don't think there will be time to do that and everything else I want to do, so I'll likely just dump them one of these days.  There's a LOT of good stuff on those tapes.  

judyinohio

May-26

I have a hunch it would be illegal to do that; those Quilt Show programs are copyrighted and you would not be allowed to put those shows on YouTube without the permission of Ricky and friends.

I suspect that it's one thing to share them with small private groups but something else to blast them for the whole world to see

I just watched that episode recently, don't remember why.  And Simply Quilts is a big reason why I got hooked on quilting.  I still have the VHS tapes that my DH recorded for me.

Suze (casuzenn)

May-28

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

I believe Ricky is now married to a different guy than Justin.

yeah...he is married to Hugo Dos Santos...evidently Hugo is an excellent cook and a budding quilter. There is a series Ricky is publishing about teaching Hugo how to quilt  - it's very entertaining - Ricky still hasn't published the episode where  Hugo finally makes the quilt though! (I understand it was actually done several months ago...)  Hugo gets to polish up his language skills - he is Spanish, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hugo+makes+a+quilt