Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Reverse sewing machine (seam ripper)   Help... I'm In Search Of

Started May-25 by Dippledock; 574 views.
judyinohio

May-25

This is a whiz-bang superb seam ripper but you have to be careful when you use it.

You need steady hands, good eyesight (bright lighting is a big help) and never ever use it when you are tired. Otherwise, I recommend it highly.

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Glide-Surgical-Seam-Ripper/dp/B01156G3CQ

Dippledock

May-26

I was on eBay after posting my message, and the picture was gone. Did find some sterling silver ones from Tiffany for $750.00 NO THANK YOU. Accordingly those are made in germany. 

Dippledock

May-26

Yes but in a holder that looks like two fingers.

Dippledock

May-26

I dont like that style. Ive seen more quilt pieces having to be remade because of them. This is what Im looking for.

bornblesse2

May-26

Now that is one I have not seen before.

judyinohio

May-26

Years ago we used to get gadgets like that at our medical office with a pharmaceutical company's name on it; they were used as very slick letter openers to slice open the tops of long envelopes.  That sharp point slid right into the corner of the envelope and  .... zippppp ... away you would go to slice open the envelope.

Suze (casuzenn)

May-27

My Google-Fu failed to find this...maybe Misha will have better luck.

That is a very unique seam ripper.

Kind of like my favorite thimble... there is no place to get it anymore, sigh.

Midkid5

May-27

I'm wondering if it is not a letter opener as Judy described, that some one had a bunch of, mistakenly or just to get rid of started handling them out as seam rippers.  I am having a hard time understanding why Deluxe Check Printers would do a promotion aimed solely at quilters. Just my thoughts.

Jo

judyinohio

May-27

The ones at our office had the name of a popular steroid cream.  LOL