Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Batting   General Discussion

Started Jun-10 by Contraryqltr; 187 views.
Contraryqltr

Jun-10

I don't know if anyone has seen or heard of a new batting that has come out that does not require basting, pinning or spray basting.  

Apparently it has flannel incorporated into the actual batting, i.e., one side is batting and the reverse side is covered in flannel, so it sticks to the fabric.  I think I've got that right.  It's really expensive but I thought, for people who use a service to quilt their quilts, but may have the occasional small project they quilt themselves, it might work.

The manufacturer is "Birdie bird"  (where do they come up with these silly names!!??).  www.birdiebirdquilts.com.  It looks like they carry it at Missouri Star and Fat Quarter Shop, to name a few.

Mary in Michigan

judyinohio

Jun-10

You'd need to have an old-timey "quilting bee" with about six friends to work with that Birdie batting in order to layer the parts of a queen size quilt on the floor.

Guess if you add in the cost of feeding the friends (pizza party anyone?) it would really get expensive. LOL