Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I don't remember moving to Phoenix but....   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jul-18 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 459 views.

Oh and look! A Cold Front on Thursday!  Sigh. 

One of the big topics of discussion recently has been the local having to sell their cattle early because the cost of hay has gone up so much (assuming you can find it) due to the drought.  Which means the cost of beef is going to be very high in a few months.

LABFIEND

Jul-18

Yup!  We are suppose to be 108 tomorrow.

Hay has gone up here also.

Not good.

TransTex

Jul-18

What I noticed, Dee, is that after sundown, the temp goes down.  In Phoenix, when the sun goes down, it gets dark (not cooler).

In reply toRe: msg 4
Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-18

I don't remember moving back East!! its sooooo humid out here AND hot... I have 'prickly heat' - need to dunk myself in a tub of cold water.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-20

I'll let you know if that cool down really happens.  I doubt it.  Tomorrow will tell.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-20

Oops! You were talking about Texas.  Hope it does cool down for you there.  We are hoping for some rain with the storm headed our way from the Baja.

Mishii

Jul-23

We got a really good deal on our cow because the guy had to completely sell out due to the drought. Very sad.