Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fun Fusible Wall Hanging and New Furchild at Our House   General Discussion

Started Sep-21 by judyinohio; 1302 views.
5dogmom (CRISR5)

Sep-22

My sister gets some kind of tips on her cat's front claws.  I wonder if your groomer or vet provide such a service?  Anyway it looks like a cat manicure!  LOL!

Cris in MT

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-22

What delightful "adds" to your home and lives!!  I'm so glad to see you creating again and Daisy sure looks like she's enjoying her new home!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-22

Brilliant!  And so good of you all to adopt an older animal.

judyinohio

Sep-22

Daisy keeps trying to set a track record in our house. It must have been horrid for her to be cooped up in the shelter's cage for months because she just cannot stop doing the "zoomies" in this new home of hers.

I keep telling myself that some day she will settle down.

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-22

I love that Paperweights pattern!

Miss Daisy looks like a great kitty. We had one that came to us with front claws removed- so cruel...He was the neighbors cat and his boys would play really rough with him and they left him out of doors to get beat up by the other cats in the neighborhood..he would come to our house to rest. When they moved, we hid Tiger from them. He was one of the best kitties. Big floofy orange tiger cat. I miss him.

fatsewcat

Sep-22

Absolutely love this quilt.  Thinking of using this idea to create a quilt out of scraps from all the quilts i have made in the last 29 years.  I probably have at least one scrap from every quilt I have ever made so this will become a personal challenge and great memory quilt for myself.  Oh love your kitty too! She's a cutie!

Love your new quilt. Also congratulations on your new kitty!!! How pretty. I do miss having a cat. I do have 7 grandcats that I get to see when I visit my daughters.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-28

Love your scrappy circle quilt.  I have been cutting circles from orphan blocks to do something similar when I get enough.

Daisy looks like she is comfy in your home already.

judyinohio

Sep-28

Daisy has done an excellent job of bringing smiles to the face of Old Grumpy, that's for sure. He was hoping she would be more cuddly, more of a lap sitter, but she has only been here for a little over two weeks and her excitement hasn't worn off yet.

We have two sets of sliding glass doors on the back of our house (living room and kitchen) and lately there are chipmunks and squirrels harvesting acorns from our burr oak. So we have "Kitty TV" going on in our back yard and Daisy is busy racing back and forth between the living room and kitchen watching all the critters running around preparing for winter. And there's an occasional groundhog and possum at night as well. It is as if she can't believe all the "live action" she is seeing, as though we have a zoo for her entertainment. This delights DH to see such a happy cat after knowing that she had been caged up for months in the shelter.

Cutting out fabric circles is very relaxing and I enjoyed the process. I've also accepted that my serious quilt making days are over. You might remember that five years ago I broke my left arm by tangling my feet with a low-flying empty plastic grocery bag as we left a movie theater one afternoon. My arm was obviously broken just above the elbow and was surgically repaired with a plate and nine bolts in that area. However, the upper part of the humerus bone (near my shoulder) had some breakage also and that part was overlooked; this area with its "crumbs" of breakage has been causing me pain for years.

Thank goodness I am right-handed for this left shoulder problem doesn't bother me greatly as long as I do not try to spend hours shoving fabric under the needle of a sewing machine.

Monday I went shopping on Etsy.com and this sewing machine cover arrived today from Boise, Idaho. Of course, I could have made a cover for Cecil Faye years ago but the thought never occurred to me that I would need one as she was always in action. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes I gave her a good oiling and cleaning and have her loaded with navy blue thread for the next time I have to shorten some jeans for DH because that's about all the sewing I do these days.

The Etsy.com seller calls herself StashmoverCreations and she has some mighty peculiar looking  sewing machine covers for what must be elaborate embroidery machines.

So glad to hear that Daisey is enjoying all the action going on for her entertainment. She will likely just need some time to settle into cuddling time.