Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fun Fusible Wall Hanging and New Furchild at Our House   General Discussion

Started Sep-21 by judyinohio; 1303 views.
judyinohio

Sep-22

latterberry said:

but if I should pet one then forget and rub my eyes, they will itch and swell up

Yeah, I am washing my hands a lot lately, that's for sure.  And blowing my nose a lot more. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes But I will eventually adapt to her as I did with our previous kitties.

The small Fiskar snips are very ergonomic so when it came to cutting out those small circles they were perfect, especially since I paced myself. I suspect that you would not be able to do that. LOL

vquiltmaker

Sep-22

I love this quilt!  So bright and colorful!  It will look amazing when you finish it.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Sep-22

Loving all the circles but especially loving Daisy!  Dog people can love kitties, too, and bless you for adopting a shelter pet!

As an aside (NOT trying to make this all about me), the 5dogmom only has two now.  As we aged, 5dogdad and I agreed that we needed to downsize in number as well as size.  Miley (Chihuahua mix) and Pico (Sheltie/Corgi cross?) came from the shelter and have blessed our lives beyond measure.

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Sep-22

My sister gets some kind of tips on her cat's front claws.  I wonder if your groomer or vet provide such a service?  Anyway it looks like a cat manicure!  LOL!

Cris in MT

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-22

What delightful "adds" to your home and lives!!  I'm so glad to see you creating again and Daisy sure looks like she's enjoying her new home!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-22

Brilliant!  And so good of you all to adopt an older animal.

judyinohio

Sep-22

Daisy keeps trying to set a track record in our house. It must have been horrid for her to be cooped up in the shelter's cage for months because she just cannot stop doing the "zoomies" in this new home of hers.

I keep telling myself that some day she will settle down.

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-22

I love that Paperweights pattern!

Miss Daisy looks like a great kitty. We had one that came to us with front claws removed- so cruel...He was the neighbors cat and his boys would play really rough with him and they left him out of doors to get beat up by the other cats in the neighborhood..he would come to our house to rest. When they moved, we hid Tiger from them. He was one of the best kitties. Big floofy orange tiger cat. I miss him.

fatsewcat

Sep-22

Absolutely love this quilt.  Thinking of using this idea to create a quilt out of scraps from all the quilts i have made in the last 29 years.  I probably have at least one scrap from every quilt I have ever made so this will become a personal challenge and great memory quilt for myself.  Oh love your kitty too! She's a cutie!

Love your new quilt. Also congratulations on your new kitty!!! How pretty. I do miss having a cat. I do have 7 grandcats that I get to see when I visit my daughters.