Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free! Click here.
Gun Control Debate -  Biden on gun control (1012 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 56) 

Links from related discussion:  Democrats running on Gun Control

Meanwhile, Biden admits the 2nd amendment exists, but claims there's no 'entitlement.'

Op-Ed: The Democrats really are coming for your guns
Anti-gun politicians once were coy about their goals. Now the presumed front-runner, former Vice President Joe Biden has put the entire firearms manufacturing industry in his crosshairs.

Biden wants to give assault weapon owners two options: Sell your guns to the feds or register

Biden’s Odious Remarks on Curtailing 2nd Amendment Rights
by Roger Katz
25 Mar 20

Can anyone talk to Mr. Joe Biden? Here is a man who tends to yackety-yack a streak even when he has nothing to say — which is all the time, or nearly all the time. You would think a person running for President of the United States would have something intelligent to say, and that he would be willing, able, and capable of orating intelligently, eloquently, and solicitously to the American public. That, though, isn’t Joe Biden.

Biden is a windbag filled up with ill-conceived, half-formed thought forms, many false; dredged up from his distant past, sloppily pasted together, and then delivered pontifically to the American public as an incomplete, incoherent, haphazard, unconvincing, rambling sermon on the purported foibles of the Trump Administration; providing, too, an inkling of the way things will be and ought to be once he, Joe Biden, becomes U.S. President.

Consider Biden’s policy prescriptions for dealing with American’s fundamental, immutable, unalienable natural right as codified in the Second Amendment of the Nation’s Bill of Rights; a right bestowed on man by a Loving Divine Creator; natural law, not man-made law; God-given law, not Congressional enacted law; natural law upon which a free Constitutional Republic rests; upon which the personal autonomy of Americans depend; upon which the sanctity and inviolability of the individual is grounded, and upon which the sovereignty, supremacy of the American people over a centralized Government and over the crushing power of the State, is maintained — the right of the people to keep and bear arms;a right that shall not be infringed.

And, yet there are those, both inside the Federal Government and outside it, who are all too happy to infringe this hallowed right, this sanctified law, even as they say they would not; that they never would infringe it.

Recall Hillary Clinton blatantly lying to the American people about her position on firearms and the Second Amendment when she gave her acceptance speech at the 2016 Democrat National Convention:

The website Vox reported:

“Clinton wants you to know one thing about her position on gun control: ‘I’m not here to repeal the Second Amendment. I’m not here to take away your guns. … I just don’t want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun in the first place.

‘We should be working with responsible gun owners to pass commonsense reforms and keep guns out of the hands of criminals, terrorists, and all others who would do us harm.’

Clinton is essentially sticking to the stance that Democrats, including President Barack Obama, have followed over the past few years: They want to restrict certain weapons and keep certain people from getting guns, but they’re not interested in taking away everyone’s firearms.”

Clinton has offered up a policy prescription, amounting to a logical contradiction. So, reading between the lines, what Clinton is saying is this:

I don’t want to take away your firearms and you can trust me when I tell you I will not take away your firearms; it’s just that you have to realize I do need to take away your firearms, much as I don’t want to; and, so, I will be taking your firearms away, and this is for your own good; to keep you safe from yourself and to keep me safe from you. I hope you understand, and I hope you’ll vote for me. Oh, and have a Good Day.

Recall, too, Senator Leahy’s (D-VT) blatantly dishonest remarks, during Elena Kagan’s Confirmation Hearing as an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court in 2010, prompting Kagan’s dutiful reply. The website, On the Issues, reported:

Senator Leahy: “‘I am a gun owner, as are many people in Vermont, and I agreed with the Heller decision. And just yesterday in McDonald v. the City of Chicago, the Court decided the Second amendment right established in Heller is a fundamental right that applies to the States as well as the Federal Government. Is there any doubt after the Court's decision in Heller and McDonald that the Second Amendment to the Constitution secures a fundamental right for an individual to own a firearm, use it for self-defense in their home?’

SCOTUS nominee Elena Kagan: ‘There is no doubt, Senator Leahy. That is binding precedent entitled to all the respect of binding precedent in any case. So that is settled law.’”

• Edited March 29, 2020 2:24 pm  by  EdGlaze

To: All  (2 of 56) 
 2125.2 in reply to 2125.1 

Sure, Heller and McDonald are settled law — until they aren’t — and they won’t be if the Left-wing of the high Court, gains ascendancy. It will overturn those seminal Second Amendment cases if Radical Left and new wave Progressive Left Democrats are able to “pack” the high Court with Left-wing Justices.

And, this brings us back to Joe Biden, the apparent presumptive Heir Apparent Democrat Party nominee for U.S. President in 2020. How can a person believe Joe Biden’s claim of devotion to the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution — the mere assertion of his claim to support it — when his policy plank and his policy prescriptions serve clearly to shred it.

When an American citizen dares demand that Biden provide concrete support for his policy position and policy prescriptions on the Second Amendment and on firearms, Biden is unprepared to discuss his position and the policy prescriptions he would implement. He becomes visibly, plainly flustered, and loses his temper. He lashes out. This unseemly behavior occurs because Biden doesn’t expect Americans to speak out. He perceives this as audacious conduct rather than acceptable behavior. Yet, you would think a U.S. Presidential candidate should expect questions from the public; that a Presidential candidate would invite and welcome questions concerning his or her policy prescriptions; and that the candidate would be able and willing to discuss, candidly, cordially, even cheerfully one’s policy prescriptions.

A U.S. Presidential candidate should come before the public, fully prepared to clarify and support his or her policy positions and prescriptions—especially those affecting fundamental, immutable, unalienable, natural rights, not least of all the right impacting firearms and the American citizens’ unconditional right to own and possess them.

Yet, Biden lashes, out; he treats the American public as if it were a conglomeration of stupid Hinterland Hicks; nothing more than a herd of dumb beasts; or a pack of feral dogs; or a brood of undisciplined, wayward children whom, as in time past, were expected to be seen and not heard.

Biden’s detestable behavior was on full display when, during the Michigan Primary on March 10, 2020, a Detroit autoworker respectfully but pointedly challenged Biden on the claim repeatedly made that he supports gun rights. As reported by the website Mediaite:

“Former Vice President Joe Biden got into a heated exchange with a Detroit autoworker over gun rights Tuesday, with votes coming in during the Michigan primary.

‘You are actively trying to diminish our second amendment right and take away our guns,’ one autoworker yelled at Biden while appearing to be looking at his phone.

‘You’re full of shit,’ Biden fired back, adding, “I support the second amendment.”

Breitbart reports more of this exchange:

“‘This is not okay,’ the man said, creating a buffer between the finger and his face.

‘Don’t tell me anything, pal,’ Biden demanded.

The worker continued to defend the Second Amendment and disputed Biden’s interpretation of ‘assault rifles.’

‘Don’t be such a horse’s ass,’ Biden said before he walked away.”

“Horse’s ass?”

And who is it that is really the talking Horse, here? Is it the autoworker or Biden? Is it Mr. Ed or Mr. Joe? And, what’s the deal Joe? What’s the deal?

This, of course, isn’t the first time Biden lost his temper in front of the Nation; and there will be other times he will lose his temper as well. Yet, when confronted by average Americans who simply expect Biden to support his positions when queried about them, Biden should be willing and able to do so. He isn’t.

As the purported remaining “moderate” Democrat Party Candidate for U.S. President, Biden wants, indeed expects, the public to take on faith he supports the Second Amendment when he doesn’t.

This is deception and a poor attempt at deception, at that. Unfortunately, we have seen this deception at work many times before and we will continue to see it in the run-up to the General election in November 2020, as the ruthless, secretive, wealthy powerful, amoral, Centrist Neoliberal Transnationalist Anti-Constitutionalist, Anti-Second Amendment Collectivist Plutocrats and Oligarchs push their lackey, Joe Biden, on all of us.

With Joe Biden in the Oval Office, the Globalists will then be able to move ahead once again with their agenda, and agenda that President Trump had cast aside, as he would not do their bidding. They will not abide further interruption of their goals: dismantling a free Republic, overriding the Nation’s Bill of Rights, overthrowing the sovereignty of the American people, subjugating the masses; subordinating the citizenry to their new dictates; and bending the citizenry to their will, that the U.S. might eventually be integrated into a one-world political, social, cultural, and economic governmental scheme.

• Edited March 29, 2020 3:49 pm  by  EdGlaze

To: All  (3 of 56) 
 2125.3 in reply to 2125.2 

Biden’s Odious Remarks on Curtailing 2nd Amendment Rights – Part 2
by Roger Katz
26 Mar 20

Biden, like all scheming, Anti-Constitutionalist, Anti-Second Amendment, Neo-Liberal, Trans-nationalist, Globalist, Collectivist, Establishment politicians, is an obsequious, compliant stooge of the secretive Billionaire Globalist Corporatists. He duplicitously and hypocritically claims to support the Second Amendment, when he does not. He suggests that compelling Americans to compromise the exercise of their fundamental, primordial, immutable, unalienable right — such as forcing Americans to surrender their semiautomatic firearms, and confining ammunition magazine capacity — is fully consistent with his claim to support preservation of the elemental right of the people to keep and bear arms. He expects the American public to believe him. To accept Biden’s incoherent nonsense is the height of absurdity.

Worse than thieves, murderers, or cannibals, those who offer compromise slow you and sap your vitality while pretending to be your friends. They are not your friends. Compromisers are the enemies of all humanity, the enemies of life itself. Compromisers are the enemies of everything important, sacred, and true.
~~ L. Neil Smith, Libertarian, novelist, and non-fiction writer; from his political essay “Lever Action”

Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.
~~Ayn Rand, writer and philosopher; from “Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal”

Does Biden hold the American citizenry in such low regard that he expects the citizenry to accept his deceitful lies as self-evident truths?

Who is Biden really fooling, here?

The word, ‘compromise,’ has two alternate, incompatible meanings. It can connote: a ‘settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions; namely ‘something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things;’ ‘an agreement between two sides who have different opinions, in which each side gives up something it had wanted.’ But, the word, can also connote, ‘a concession to something derogatory or prejudicial a compromise of one’s principles;’ namely, ‘to expose or make vulnerable to danger, suspicion, scandal, etc.; jeopardize: e.g., a military oversight that compromised the nation's defenses.’

It is clear how Biden and, by extension, how all Radical Left and New Progressive Left Democrats use the word, ‘compromise,’ apropos of the Second Amendment. They suggest, deceitfully to the public, that they mean, ‘negotiate,’ “commonsense” restrictions on the exercise of the natural right. But, what they really mean, if only tacitly, is to eventually ‘prohibit’ exercise of the natural right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Biden’s remarks amount to a mouthful of bland, flat, bald-faced lies and gross exaggerations, assuming one can decipher his remarks at all, as so many incoherent declarations emanate from him. Mostly, his remarks devolve into a series of rambling incoherent musings, inconsistencies, and mind-numbing disconcerting schizophasia — meaningless blather — all but impossible to unscramble, and apt to cause a migraine headache for anyone who tries.

Listening to Biden yap brings to mind the comedian Irwin Corey, the master of double-talk. The two would have made a fabulously successful comedy team in the fashion of Abbott and Costello, and the Smothers Brothers. Biden has missed his true calling.

The sad and tragic thing is that Biden expects to be taken seriously. If he were a stand-up comic, it would be amusing to listen to him, all the more so since he tends to come across as patronizing — a nice touch were that a part of his comic skit. Biden must think that the failure of the public to understand him is due to the inability of most people to fully appreciate the intricacies of his genius; his mind a steel-trap; impossible for those of lesser intellect to fathom.

The Washington Examiner had this to say about Biden, back in 2019:

“Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic front-runner crowd, left some in the crowd at the Iowa State Fair mystified when he told them: ‘We choose truth over facts.’

Does Biden know what he is talking about? I don’t and I would assume you don’t. And my guess is that Biden doesn’t know what he is talking about either.

• Edited March 29, 2020 2:26 pm  by  EdGlaze

To: All  (4 of 56) 
 2125.4 in reply to 2125.3 

The words, ‘true’ and ‘false’ are referred to in logic as “Truth-bearers.” Truth-bearers aren’t facts, and facts aren't truth-bearers. And, Biden is correct, although unwittingly, when he implies that truth-bearers are not facts. But, that has nothing to do with the notion of choice. One doesn't choose truth over facts or facts over truth. That assertion is incongruous.

Logicians, mathematicians, and epistemologists do not conceive of facts and truth-bearers as incompatible things; as antinomies. Facts and Truth-Bearers are two distinct kinds of things, but the two do work in tandem.

And there are many different theories of truth. Under a typical theory, say, the correspondence theory, ‘truth’ does make use of ‘facts;’ better referred to as ‘events;’ or better yet, ‘states of affairs.’ A proposition is said to be ‘true’ if it corresponds with or mirrors a ‘fact,’ and a proposition is said to be ‘false’ if it doesn’t correspond to a fact. Thus, the proposition, ‘Joe Biden will become the 46th President of the United States,’ is said to be true, if the event, state of affairs, or “fact,” does comes to pass, i.e., corresponds with or mirrors the fact that Joe Biden does become President of the United States. And, the proposition is said to be false if the event, state of affairs or fact, does not come to pass. Whatever event happens to transpire, the event, (or state of affairs, or fact) is not itself, ‘true’ or ‘false;’ it simply is or is not. But the proposition or statement about the matter is the thing to which one properly utilizes the concept of truth, under the typical correspondence theory of truth.

Now, when Biden says that, “We choose truth over facts,” it may be Biden is enunciating or, at least, intimating a new, dramatic theory of truth. If there is anything to it, the impact on our understanding of logic, mathematics, epistemology and of any of the hard sciences — indeed, on the very notion of reality and ‘real things,’ impacting ontology, metaphysics, and information science — must be drastically revised; and Biden ought to be lecturing at M.I.T. or Cal Tech, and not wasting his talents on the campaign trail, yapping it up in front of we, the mere Hoi Polloi.

The question of Biden’s mental acumen, for Americans, were he to become U.S. President, is no small matter. It is material and profound: Is Joe Biden a genius in disguise or an idiot? If the former, we should take notice. He may be a Godsend; or the Devil incarnate, heralding the End of Days, not only for Americans but for all of humanity. And, if he is a dolt, then the prospects for our Nation, our Constitution, and our people is no less horrifying, if he were to become U.S. President. In either event, evil genius or dullard, it says something, not particularly pleasant, about the Democrat Party that they would thrust Biden on all of us; that this is the Party’s best prospect for our Country; that he is the Great Hope they are banking on to defeat their nemesis, Donald Trump. Be not mistaken: Such horrors await us beyond imagining if Biden ekes out a win in 2020 and takes possession of the Oval Office. We will all be catapulted head over heels, into a Hellish realm. The Hellraiser horror film franchise comes to mind.

Feb.25 — Democratic Presidential candidate and Former Vice President Joe Biden discusses getting
gun legislation pushed through congress. He speaks during the tenth Democratic debate in Charleston, SC.

• Edited March 29, 2020 3:37 pm  by  EdGlaze

To: All  (5 of 56) 
 2125.5 in reply to 2125.4 

Biden the Half Wit Dares Lecture the Public on the 2nd Amendment
by Roger Katz
27 Mar 20

The problem for Americans is that Joe Biden, the presumptive U.S. Presidential nominee of the Democrat Party, can feasibly become U.S. President. That fact makes Biden less amusing, and more frightening. Among those who are markedly incompetent to serve as U.S. President, we find Joe Biden. But, if he were at least affable, we could laugh at this clown, rather than frown.

Americans know when politicians come across as crass, insulting, and derisive. A person cannot effectively serve as the leader of the Nation if that person treats the general public as contemptible lowborn plebeians. That was a major failing of Hillary Clinton, among a litany of others. Something she could not hide. And, Biden’s low regard for the average American has also become clear. We saw Biden’s churlish behavior recently, during his exchange with a Detroit auto plant worker.

Fox News later interviewed the Detroit auto plant worker, Jerry Wayne, regarding what became “an apparent contentious argument with former Vice President Joe Biden about Biden’s position on gun rights.”

Jerry Wayne chatted with Fox & Friends and said Biden ‘could have easily said “I’m not taking questions” and I would have very respectfully walked away. But he wanted to listen to my question and I don’t think that he was ready for it.’ Wayne also noted that he tried to ask Biden questions about how he was going to improve the situations of union workers like himself in the future.

‘We bare [sic] arms and we like to do that. If he wants to give us work and take us [sic] guns, I don’t know how he will get the same vote,’ Wayne said. He also called it ‘disturbing’ when Fox & Friends asked for his reactions to a clip of Biden expressing his view that assault weapons should be confiscated.

‘Were you surprised that you asked a simple question and Joe Biden just went off the deep end on you?’ Steve Doocy [host of Fox & Friends] asked.

‘Yeah. I thought I was pretty articulate and respectful,’ said Wayne. ‘I didn’t try to raise any feathers. And he kind of went off the deep end. I saw he was digging a hole. I just kind of let him talk for a while to dig a hole.’”

Politicians love to equivocate, and Biden is no exception. But equivocation is hardly a talent of these people. And they love to talk about the Constitution, even when it appears they lack an understanding of Constitutional law and especially lack an understanding of the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights. That should prevent them from proselytizing to the American public about a matter they know very little if anything about. But, then, they lack humility as well — another disturbing and all too common failing among many politicians.

You would think a politician would be perspicacious enough to refrain from lecturing the public about matters that a politician knows little if anything about; let alone legislate over it, but a politician doesn’t refrain from lecturing the public or from legislating in ways catastrophic to the well-being of the Nation.

Politicians, especially those on the Radical Left and new Progressive Left of the political spectrum, proceed along their merry way, seemingly having not a care in the world, either oblivious to the fact, or, perhaps, all too mindful of it, that the actions they take as legislators, compromising the citizenry's most sacred rights and liberties, diminishes them as Americans, undermines the Constitution, and creates a hell for the rest of us to live in.

Yet, there is no compromise (in the sense of negotiation), on a fundamental, immutable, inalienable, natural right; nor can there be compromise. The word ‘compromise,’ here, denotes outright capitulation. That, of course, is what the Democrats want, and the Detroit autoworker, Jerry Wayne, was doing the public a favor in bringing to light the irrationality of Biden’s remarks on the Second Amendment. Biden obviously wasn’t able to respond effectively to the irrationality of his own position. How could he? His position is self-contradictory.

One cannot claim rationally to support the Second Amendment, when one wishes to take steps to erase it. Biden may have realized the inconsistency inherent in his position on the Second Amendment when Jerry Wayne, the Detroit autoworker, had pointedly and demonstrably presented the inconsistency out to him. But, instead of admitting this, or otherwise doing what politicians are generally good at — disengaging and talking about something else when they do not wish to answer a question directly or cannot answer a pointed question directed to them — Biden lashed out, like a petulant child. This is a common failing of the Radical Left and Progressive Left elements of our society. They do not wish to debate; they would rather shout a person down. That is much easier for them.

Sincerity was never Biden’s long suit; nor is controlling his anger. Biden’s obvious disinclination to engage the public, despite his efforts to demonstrate the contrary, comes across plainly and painfully. His rancor and deceit, irascibility and dissembling, along with an inability or lack of desire to even try to control his temper should not be lost on anyone.

To: All  (6 of 56) 
 2125.6 in reply to 2125.5 

How Important Will Gun Owners’ Votes Be In November?
by Tom Knighton
7 April 20 

Over the years, there’s been a lot of talk about how the National Rifle Association is just way too powerful, how it buys up politicians and makes it impossible to enact “common-sense gun reform” at the federal level. For many of us, this is just a trigger to roll our eyes. We all know the NRA isn’t “buying” anyone, at least not any more than Bloomberg-backed groups are buying anti-gun politicians. Probably less so.

The reason the NRA is powerful, though, is because they ultimately represent millions of gun owners’ voices, even if they’re not necessarily members of the organization.

Right about now, though, a lot of anti-gun voices are declaring that the embattled NRA is weakening and that this represents a golden opportunity for them.

That’s why Joe Biden apparently felt so confident going toe-to-toe with a Detroit autoworker on the topic of guns. This is supposedly their time.

Biden’s assertive posture on guns recalls the 2000 election. And this worries Democrats.

In 2000, the Democrat Party Platform celebrated Al Gore’s record of standing up to the NRA, the legislative successes of the Clinton administration, namely the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, and called for mandatory gun locks and a host of federal programs regulating gun purchases.

Al Gore lost. Democrat leaders attributed the loss in part to gun owners support for George W. Bush, especially in states Gore was defeated including his home state of Tennessee. Public opinion surveys showed Bush won a historically large share of the gun owners vote — 66%, only Bush senior in 1988 attracted a greater proportion — 68%. To win elections, centrists Democratic strategists, concluded “Democrats need to reason with gun owners rather than insult them.”

Gun owners have long been a reliable GOP voting bloc. The General Social Surveys demonstrate that in 10 of the last 12 presidential elections, a majority of gun owners supported Republican candidates. Even when the nation supported a Democrat, gun owners typically remained loyal to Republicans. And in 2016, Donald Trump garnered over 60% of gun owners, which was the largest share since Bush in 2004. In the 2018 midterms, 61% of gun owners voted for Republican candidates compared to just 26% of non-owners, a 35-point gap.

This is not a small or insignificant political group. Opinion surveys estimate a third to 40% of households have a gun. That percentage increases notably among the all-important rural voting population. Moreover, in several key swing states gun owners comprise a substantial proportion of voters, including Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, and Wisconsin. As Democrats remember, in a tight election, gun owners’ vote can be decisive.

Of course, the article goes on to repeat the claim that attitudes on guns are shifting.

And, to be fair, they probably were. After all, the media has played up ever mass shooting and bombarded people with talking heads all regurgitating the same solutions to the point that it starts to have an impact. Even on gun owners. But up to a point.

Sure, they sound good on the surface. 

While some gun owners have been swayed by things like red flag laws or universal background checks, they’re only swayed in the abstract. The problem is that the nuts and bolts are usually more of an issue. Universal background check measures have been defeated in several states despite polling showing their popularity. The reason? People find out that it covers much more than they thought.

At that point, they hit the eject button and vote against the measures.

Where Biden and the Democrats need to worry is that Biden’s not talking about closing loopholes that don’t really exist or supposedly trying to curb mass shootings with laws that aren’t really needed.

No, Biden is talking gun bans. He wants to ban the most popular firearm in the country because it makes him squeamish or whatever.

The problem is, once you ban a category of guns, what’s to stop lawmakers from going after another category? Then another? Then another?

Let’s be honest, a lot of gun owners are looking at that and thinking about how that doesn’t sound like such a good thing. That’s likely to hurt Biden in the long run.

Regardless, gun owners are likely to make a difference this year as they do most years.

To: All  (7 of 56) 
 2125.7 in reply to 2125.6 

Biden’s #GunVote Problem ~ VIDEO
Opinion By Larry Keane
14 April 20

Joe Biden’s the last man standing, and millions of gun owners are watching.

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said so long to the presidential race and now it’s a Biden vs. Trump bout coming up in November. Progressive Sen. Sanders has undoubtedly pushed Democrats to the left, but it’s former Vice President Biden who has made gun control a rallying cry. For left-leaning voters, it’s a “dance with the one who brought you” situation and the #GUNVOTE will matter.

During the coronavirus pandemic, hundreds of thousands of new gun owners hopped off the fence, made a purchase and exercised their Second Amendment right to protect themselves, their families and their homes and property. They’re now going to be confronted with a presidential candidate who made a career and a campaign of doing everything to blunt their ability to lawfully own and possess firearms. There’s no shortage of gaffes, distortions, and misstatements.

Biden: I would institute a national buyback program
Anderson Cooper 360
6 Aug 20

Keeping Communities Safe

Local firearm retailers, manufacturers, and businesses by now should know the deal. Biden has repeatedly proclaimed, “I’m coming after you. Period.” That would be a big mistake.

The firearm industry makes the free exercise of Second Amendment rights possible. It’s also the industry that supplies the U.S. military with the small arms and ammunition needed to defend the nation. On top of that, the firearm industry provides law enforcement with their firearm and ammunition needs, including those agents in dark suits and sunglasses that surrounded the former vice president for eight years. Top that off with the fact the industry buoys thousands of communities across the country through jobs and economic support. That is more than 332,000 jobs, and an economic impact of $60 billion in 2019 to be specific. In fact, the industry grew 213 percent since Biden was sworn in as President Barack Obama’s vice president in 2008. Sinking an industry to score political points isn’t winning strategy.

A Record to Lose Votes

More than 100 million law-abiding Americans own firearms, hundreds of thousands of them recent first-time owners. As they tune in and learn more about the candidates’ records, Biden’s words might surprise them. He repeats the false claim that gun manufactures are immune to lawsuits. He’s pledged to appoint failed presidential candidate and former U.S. Rep. Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke (D-Texas) who vowed to forcibly confiscate lawfully-owned firearms as his gun grabbing sheriff. He was dressed down by a gun-supporting worker at a Detroit auto factory who correctly pointed out Biden’s own erroneous gun claims.

The former “Veep” gladly takes assistance from gun control groups like the billionaire Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety and Brady Campaign, all while touting his “courageous” support for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. That legislation did not reduce criminal misuse of firearms. He calls for banning “semiautomatic assault weapons,” but pillories a rifle for cosmetic features that have nothing to do with how the gun operates. He purposely conflates semiautomatic firearms with the military’s automatic firearms to scare those who don’t know the difference.

• Edited April 19, 2020 11:14 am  by  EdGlaze

To: EdGlaze DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 56) 
 2125.8 in reply to 2125.7 

Here in Canada we just call tRUMP "Donny The Shit Stain" and I know a lot of Canadians with dual citizenship who will be voting by mail for Biden. To ensure "Donny The Shit Stain" is a one Term President, and to watch Republican heads claim "Voter Fraud" 

So ramble all you want....Donny's done!

Reply   Options 

To: Albidone unread  (9 of 56) 
 2125.9 in reply to 2125.8 

Unfortunately US citizens are once again faced with the choice of a shit sandwich on wheat bread with mustard or shit sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise but either way the result of the coming election will be nothing but another shit sandwich.
The Donald is a self absorbed incompetent clown and Biden is a bought and paid for professional politician bent on reducing citizen's rights. Since neither party has offered a competent and relatively honest candidate in decades this has become the political status quo in the US.
Obama may have been a reasonably competent president but since any ideas he proposed were quickly stonewalled by the Republican party and usually only gained lukewarm support from the Democrats it's difficult to say if he was any good or not.
But at least Obama was an interesting and articulate speaker. Trump sounds like a kid stumbling through his "How I spent my summer vacation" report when he reads a speech and only becomes articulate when spewing hatred, lies, and bullshit at rallies.
US citizens have allowed corporate money to take over our government, have allowed our education system to deteriorate to the point where many of our citizens cannot read, write, or comprehend information beyond the level of a poorly educated eight year old and are willfully proud of their stupidity and ignorance, and less than 40% of all eligible US voters actually vote.
All of these things and more have been gleefully used by special interest groups to further divide us.
There are a number of different ideas of who or what is to blame for the predicament US citizens find themselves in but in the long run there is really nobody to blame but ourselves.
We have forgotten the warning contained in Franklin's answer to the lady who asked him what kind of government the Continental Congress had decided on when he replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it".
Personally I will be writing in a moderate Republican for president when I vote this fall. It will be to no avail but at least I will have exercised my Constitutional right to vote and freely stated my choice and opinion.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

• Edited May 29, 2020 9:23 pm  by  drtramp

To: EdGlaze DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 56) 
 2125.10 in reply to 2125.1 

Your opening line, just proves that Biden is is literate, unlike some gun control nuts.

If you are literate, you might want to check "entitlement" in the dectionary and see where he is correct. 

You are entitled to life, liberty, and the <<PURSUIT>> of happiness. 

Translates if every owning a gun makes you happy, this is not a right.

In the rest of the post, I see no curtailing of any constitutional rights.

If you disagree please point where Biden does this.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-56
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.