Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Photo Orientation from iOS devices   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Nov-12 by Head Honcho (Nick_In_NL); 667 views.

I’m having a problem with posting photos from iOS devices.  The orientation is wrong, even though the image is correctly displayed on the device itself.  It seems Delphi doesn’t recognise which way up is correct.  For instance..

Showtalk

Nov-12

It is because when you hold the phone upright to take a picture, you are actually holding the camera sideways.  Go to the image in your Photos and select the little hamburger looking icon or Edit if you have the latest update.  Then you can crop or rotate.  Then select done.  Every time I have done that, the image is the right direction when I post it.  

Follow Showtalks advice and see if that works. The super strange thing is yesterday I tested this and my photos shot in portrait mode are posting properly (with my iPhone) so I'm wondering it Apple fixed this with the last major update. Are you using iOS 11. something or other?

Editing to add I just tested it again and no good. So in other words I have no idea why my photos yesterday oriented correctly and today they are not. Something to suss out another day I guess :)

My best advice for the future is when using your phone as a camera... use it as you would a camera. I never use my DSLR in portrait mode and now that I use my phone for a camera as much if not more than a phone I never take photos with it in portrait either. And Video - they are plain awful taken that way ;)

Showtalk

Nov-16

I usually take pictures sideways, like it’s a real camera.  But I will play with some and see.

Showtalk

Nov-16

iPhone.  I do not have the newest upgrade yet.

Thanks for that tip - I'll do a few test runs when I get a chance too. The upgrade is buggy -I have not install the latest iOS update yet (I'm at 11.1.1 I think) but the bugs are only slightly annoying me. lol
Showtalk

Nov-16

I reorient the picture using the editing program but if people don’t want to do that, I can understand that.  For some reason, a simple edit, changes the orientation.  It’s posisble it doesn't work that way for everyone.