Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Not getting any notifications   Account Maintenance

Started Nov-15 by Cathy (237cats); 511 views.
Cathy (237cats)

Nov-15

gunter, I just started to work at a new forum and several people have requested from me only I don't have any notifications. The only way I knew is that I was going to post and I saw I had some requests.

my name is Cathy (237cats)

the forum is The Gardens http://forums.delphiforums.com/thegardens/start

You will probably have to PM me.

gunter

Nov-15

I'm seeing a number of bounces of emails to you, usually indicating they're being rejected as spam. You may need to check with your provider.

First make sure the email address in Preferences is correct and that Notifications are set there as well.  Then check spam/trash folders at your email provider to see if they're ending up there. Add notifications@mydelphi.com to your address book.

You can also experiment with a different email address to see if that produces the notifications. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cathy (237cats)

Nov-15

I don't understand bouncing emails cuz att allows unlimited emails to you, but even so I keep it clean. I got them(notifications) as of Tuesday so something isn't kosher somewhere. Thank you.
gunter

Nov-15

When you log in now do you get a note to confirm your email address? Somewhere along the way mail got marked as spam and it's being rejected. Add that address to your whiteblist/address book.

Are you getting notifications for the messages here?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Cathy (237cats)

Nov-15

I'm getting this, but not the rest and I know there is lots more. I just looked at my profile and didn't make any changes.
gunter

Nov-16

I now see your bounce count reset to zero. Did you reset your email address when logging in, and then you should have also received confirmation email?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cathy (237cats)

Nov-16

What I did was erase my email addy in my preferance and type it in and then press update. I didn't get a confirmation email unless you count the one I got immediately after I typed it in.
gunter

Nov-16

Cathy (237cats) said:

the one I got immediately after I typed it in

Right, that's the one I meant.

... but still nothing from only that forum ?

In reply toRe: msg 8
Cathy (237cats)

Nov-16

Now they are rolling in. I wanted to thank you for all your help.