Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Making a black background transparent   Editor Help

Started Dec-3 by Bette O (boblak); 520 views.
Bette O (boblak)

Dec-3

I  create doll tags, several images sent to me  have black backgrounds, I can use them only if I create a tag with a black BG, can anyone tell me how to make them transparent?

I'll be watching this. It's my understanding that you can only make a background "transparent" while creating the image.
Bette O (boblak)

Dec-4

Then I'm in deep doo. 

I wrote the woman who sent me them and she said she would be look  into it but haven't heard anything.  She uses them so maybe  she just sent them wrong,

Here's the way I understand it. Certain image formats are layered, others aren't. You take a picture with your camera or phone...it's a jpeg, single layered. The .gif format can be layered. In other words when you create the image you can designate a transparent background. Maybe there's some type of Photoshop method to recognize the background from the foreground in a jpeg and convert it to layers, I don't know...someone with Photoshop knowledge will have to answer that.

Ding ding ding - can you help with an answer? I’m wondering if they are gif files - mine look black in storage but work fine when posted. 

Bette O (boblak)

Dec-4

I know what you mean but  these babies are not gifs.

Bette O (boblak)

Dec-4

If it's understanding Photoshop it's ain't  gonna be me.......

gunter

Dec-4

You do need a graphics program to convert the images to gif or png  and  make the backgrounds transparent.