Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

block posts to me   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Dec-5 by The Zookeeper™ (B0UNTYMAN); 451 views.
...block someone from creating a post to you. I've got someone who owns a forum that keeps creating posts to me to try and get me to come to her forum. I visited the forum once through a promo years ago and she's latched onto me like a parasite. I've responded to her several times not to post to me but she just won't take the hint. I got a little vulgar with her last time and she said not to come to her forum anymore...then weeks later she's back posting to me again. HELP!
Jeri (azpaints)

Dec-5

Go to one of her posts, on any forum, click on her name in the From: part of the message, highlight "Ignore" and that should do it.

Will that stop post notifications to my email?

Jeri (azpaints)

Dec-5

I think so...it should stop all communication from her to you, if I remember correctly.
Well, I just took that out for a test drive in my test forum with my basic account. Doesn't stop email notifications...which is my main concern. Any other ideas?

Can you create a filter in your email to divert mail with that forum's title to your trash? I think you can with gmail.

Well, that took me nowhere. I logged into gmail and the account I logged into shows my Comcast email, not my gmail email. I'm done over there. Thanks anyway.

Poke around in whatever email program you usually use. You can even do an online search for it "How to block or filter certain email with____"

I subscribe to a ton of forums, some that are my own and many that are not and I get notifications from those as well as posts to me. Any I don't need to see I just check off in a batch and delete, unopened and not read. Personally, I'd do that with hers. There is no mechanism to prevent someone from posting to you.

Thanks, I'll try and work this into my email program (Thunderbird).
Jeri (azpaints)

Dec-6

Kid, doesn’t the Ignore choice work anymore?

Bountyman, sorry it didnt work for you!