Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I hate it!   Feedback & Wishlist

Started 1/25/18 by Paula (PaulaS44); 8457 views.

Hi John, do any of the Conversations on your main PM screen (list of all the people you have PMed) show a number in the New area? You might have to scroll the entire list of conversations and click on any that have a number other than 0 - they SHOULD all be listed first, then all the conversations that have 0 new messages. Things do not seemed to have "jigged" correctly for a good many people. It might have been because a lot of us were trying to keep things tidy by deleting messages. This new system gathered all messages between you an another poster into one conversation. If some of those messages were deleted it might not be sitting exactly where it should be.

Sorry if I am either explaining this poorly (very likely!) or wrong lol (also likely)

Cstar1
Staff

3/4/18

Everything you post i a PM to one person should all be in your "Conversation" with that person. The newer PM's are at the bottom of the "Conversation."

The list of "Conversations" should have those with unread messages at the top, and those with only read messages below that, in order of date, with the newer ones at the top.

john7g2

3/7/18

First off, all the messages I read over the years but did not delete all showed up as unread.  
In some cases I see only the senders side of the conversation making me think I deleted some, my side sometime in the past...
When I read a recent message it drops down the list a ways. Sometimes.  I haven't gone through and cleaned up all the refreshed but old messages yet.  

When I reply to a message, hit enter/send and then if I want to add more in another message, it won't send. I have to leave that page and return to it to start the next message.  

Growing pains I guess but thanks for working on updating Delphi.  

john7g2 said:

I haven't gone through and cleaned up all the refreshed but old messages yet.

That might clear things up but I'm not sure of course. Those are great details you've provided.

In reply toRe: msg 49
Risa (Risa25)

3/7/18

I don't know what changed or who to thank but all my missing PMs including the ones from friends who have passed away HAVE BEEN RESTORED!!! So thank you, SO much, whomever managed this, it means more than I can say!!!
Risa25

HURRAY!!! That's great news!

@Cstar1 was something intentionally done? OR have here's just shaken loose?

john7g2

3/8/18

Thanks.

FWIW  I would prefer that the Enter key not initiate the Send process.  I like to add breaks in the messages to help keep things clear.  

Me too - I think that's on the wishlist for this.

Cstar1
Staff

3/8/18

Kidmagnet said:

was something intentionally done?

Yes.