Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Newest PMs have vanished   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Feb-9 by Joy to You! (JOY337); 5044 views.
Hummie was trying to send me a PM and discovered the new PM window. I checked mine using the link at the top (new PMs). Shocked and shaken was pretty much the gist of the exchange, which included a couple of 'test' ones and trying to figure out this latest 'gift' from Delphi.
It isn't that losing the messages is a big deal at all, nothing important (or inspiring) was said. It is just weird that both of us had all the messages (must have been six or eight back-and-forth) just go, POOF overnight.
Thought it outt'a be reported, is all
((HUGS)) . . joy
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

Joy to You! (JOY337) said:

Thought it outt'a be reported, is all

Absolutely! I was just trying to help.

That's what she told me (about you) . . and you are SUCH a good helper too.
Just wish somehow I could trust that my beloved Classic format would last at least as long as I do.
Thanks Kid . . you're the best, I don't care what anybody says . . heehee
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

Two things:

One- Zeta and Classic are FORUM formats. Everything old is not Classic and everything new is not Zeta. But yes, change sucks for many people.

EXCEPT FOR:

Two - Beloved bugs!

It'll get worked out. Just need to find out WHY it's working/not working like that!

If anyone can 'work it out' kiddo . . it'll be YOU . .
Thanks . .
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

That or I could accidentally blow the whole thing up... also something I'm great at.

No reward without a certain amount of risk . .
Happy Sunday ...
Cstar1
Staff

Feb-11

If you click on her name in a forum message and choose Send Private Message from the mini-profile, are the messages still there? It should all be a part of a single "Conversation". 

Hmmm . . yes, I see . . this new program has grouped ALL the PMs (both sent and received) together and has 'sorted' them NOT by the 'latest' PM but rather by the earliest. Yes, I did find (by going to the bottom) the missing PMs. They were 'grouped' with the many 'replies' I have sent this person over the years and sorted to (near) the bottom of the list.
While y'all are fixing things, it would make a WHOLE LOT more sense to sort them so that the 'latest' PMS sort to the top rather than appearing according to the very first message date.

Just sayin' . .

Cstar1
Staff

Feb-11

The "Conversations" themselves should be sorted with the ones with the newest entries at the top of the page.