Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Newest PMs have vanished   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Feb-9 by Joy to You! (JOY337); 4964 views.
That's what she told me (about you) . . and you are SUCH a good helper too.
Just wish somehow I could trust that my beloved Classic format would last at least as long as I do.
Thanks Kid . . you're the best, I don't care what anybody says . . heehee
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

Two things:

One- Zeta and Classic are FORUM formats. Everything old is not Classic and everything new is not Zeta. But yes, change sucks for many people.

EXCEPT FOR:

Two - Beloved bugs!

It'll get worked out. Just need to find out WHY it's working/not working like that!

If anyone can 'work it out' kiddo . . it'll be YOU . .
Thanks . .
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

That or I could accidentally blow the whole thing up... also something I'm great at.

No reward without a certain amount of risk . .
Happy Sunday ...
Cstar1
Staff

Feb-11

If you click on her name in a forum message and choose Send Private Message from the mini-profile, are the messages still there? It should all be a part of a single "Conversation". 

Hmmm . . yes, I see . . this new program has grouped ALL the PMs (both sent and received) together and has 'sorted' them NOT by the 'latest' PM but rather by the earliest. Yes, I did find (by going to the bottom) the missing PMs. They were 'grouped' with the many 'replies' I have sent this person over the years and sorted to (near) the bottom of the list.
While y'all are fixing things, it would make a WHOLE LOT more sense to sort them so that the 'latest' PMS sort to the top rather than appearing according to the very first message date.

Just sayin' . .

Cstar1
Staff

Feb-11

The "Conversations" themselves should be sorted with the ones with the newest entries at the top of the page. 

Well, that isn't what happened in my PM Inbox. Once I read the new posts, the thread (that included the 'sent' ones that used to be separate) has sorted that person's PMs (we've been PMing for a very long time) to correspond to the FIRST message rather than the LAST one, including the 'sent' ones along with the 'received' ones. I found the 'collection' near the bottom of a long line of 'read' and 'replied to' and 'replies' exchanges to her.
Instead of the latest group of PMs (exchanged just this past week) being at the top (where they 'should' be) they're far down the 'listing'.
Something is 'not right' about this, since it makes no sense to have the most recent PMs fall far down the list once they have been read.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-11

That’s actually correct - but when you click on your conversation with her it should display at the end or the last message sent. 

Its the same way texting and private or direct messages on other sites work.