Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cannot access a forum   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Oct-25 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 611 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Oct-25

Hello.

I am trying to get into the "About Smoking Cessation" forum.  Webtag: quit_smoking

I get an error message saying there is a problem with the forum, please try again later.

It is number 3 on the top forums list, with 12 active members today, so clearly it's not broken.

I tried PMing the host, but she may no longer be active, as I have received no reply.

Could somebody check if there is a general problem, or if it is at my end.

Cheers,

Jenifer.

Seriously, I really want to quit smoking!

gunter
Staff

Oct-25

Alas, you have been locked out of the forum, nothing we can help with here. If you do not get a reply to your PM your only option is to move on to a forum where you are appreciated more.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Oct-26

But I've never even visited the forum before!

Heavens to Betsy! I must have some sort of horrible reputation... or an evil twin.

(Do you hear ominous music too?)

MEDDLY

Oct-26

This is a wild guess... maybe you had a past ruckus/fight in another forum with someone who is now a Moderator there where you are not welcomed.

Have you seen the Host's nickname before?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Oct-26

When did you PM the host? She’s not visited since the 11th.

I can vouch for you - do you spell crazy with a y or too ee’s in Australia?

grin

Seriously I’ll send a PM on your behalf. 

When you visit a forum you automatically become a member. Staff can delete you from that forum...in which case you'll just become a member again when you return. For staff to lock you out...you must be a member of that forum. They can't lock you out unless you've visited that forum...whether you remember it or not.
MEDDLY

Oct-26

But I remember someone, who passed away four years ago, who preemptively banned me from all of his Forums, just because I disagreed with him at one Forum that wasn't his.
In reply toRe: msg 7
Well, they had some special skills beyond what Delphi Forums supplies with both Classic and Beta views because if someone isn't on your member list there's not a thing you can do with that.
In reply toRe: msg 7
Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-26

I had the same thing happen to me. Disagreed with someone on one of their forums and was banned from all of them, even those I had never visited. I checked the ones I had never visited after I realized I had been banned from two that I did visit. The host died, and so I checked to see if a new host was present...but I was still banned, so no clue.
In reply toRe: msg 9
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Oct-26

Your name has to be in Controls to ban but many people have "visited" forums without realizing it. Either by following a random link or by viewing an image that was uploaded (attached or embed directly) at one forum and reposted on another.

In Premium Forum Controls there is a report/log for these such actions called the Privilege Change log however, it's limited to 200 entries (in an old forum, one on full moderation or even one that has attracted a lot of spammers this log can surpass 200) and the entry is limited to who did the action - no details as to why.

Hosting Tip:

As a host/assistant I create a discussion in the staff folder when restrictions are applied to an account with details - this gives the rest of the forum staff a chance to weigh in. It also makes it easier to review these details down the road.