Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do I view older posts   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Nov-1 by Dubarnik; 276 views.
Dubarnik

Nov-1

I'm a new DelphiPlus member. I want to see older posts in the forums I subscribe to. I know I can search all the old posts, but I just want to browse through them. How do I see a list of older posts? 

Thanks in advance,

Rick

gunter
Staff

Nov-1

Did you log out yet since signing up for DelphiPlus, then come back to see Search options going back to the beginning of time? 

You can also use the Next 50 link on the left on the bottom below the Discussions list to go back in time.

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Dubarnik

Nov-1

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for the reply. You helped me figure out how to use the Outline View, and it's there that I see the "Next 50". Unfortunately, this view is for the entire Forum. Is there a way I can see just the messages for a specific folder in threaded or chronological order. I tried the Advanced Search with no search terms, asking it to see all. It returned everything in the folder, but in what seems to be a random order. Is there an easier way to see all the messages in a specific folder and nothing else?

Thanks

Rick

gunter
Staff

Nov-1

Clicking on the folder name on yhe left lists  discussions just in that one folder, then using Next 50 takes you back in time in that folder.

does that help any ...

In reply toRe: msg 4
Dubarnik

Nov-1

Hey Gunter,

I'm in the Replay Games Sports Forum. I want to see the old posts in the just Replay Baseball Talk folder. I clicked on the folder and can see posts back into August. I don't see a Next 50 anywhere. When I go to the top of the folder list and select Replay Baseball Talk, and click Go - it still doesn't work. If I then select Outline View, I've got the entire Forum. Will you take a look at the Replay Games Sports Forum to see if you can get it to view just the Replay Baseball Talk posts?

Thanks for your patience,

Rick

gunter
Staff

Nov-1

As you describe, clicking on the folder name gives you discussions back to August.  Scroll down all the way down in the left panel past the other empty folders for the Next 50 link.  That reloads just discussions in the folder you picked ?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Dubarnik

Nov-1

That's it. Problem solved.

I appreciate you sticking with me to the end.

Cheers,

Rick

gunter
Staff

Nov-1

Using Advanced Search top left lets you set a time period From and  To which gives you messages just in the selected time period.  That's what is the advantage of DelphiPlus, giving search all the way back to beginning of time, as opposed to using the Next 50 which is a more cumbersome method available to all members.

Outline View is not helpful for search.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Dubarnik

Nov-1

Thanks. I'll spend some time figuring it all out. I just missed that Next 50 at the bottom.

Cheers,

Rick