Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't Chat   Chat

Started Dec-3 by SandraST; 459 views.
SandraST

Dec-3

I'm new, signed up, got my membership, but when I try to reach out or respond to someone in a forum, my messages don't send and I get an error message that says 'Error Sending Jabber Message.'

What am I doing wrong?

gunter
Staff

Dec-3

Are you entering  chat rooms from links in a forum which should work, or using a separate chat module?  Jabber is not available  to nonpaying members.

In reply toRe: msg 2
ColleenDream

Dec-11

I am having the same issue, I am new I can see whispers and PM's but when I try to whisper it says that the person is not accepting messages and then when I respond to PMs it says "Error sending Jabber Message" How should i be entering a chat room?

gunter
Staff

Dec-11

Seems it's two different happenings. Person not accepting messages is an individual setting for someone who doesn't want those, and there are limits in place preventing new members from using whispers or PM on their first logins, producing that confusing jabber error message.

If you can't talk in regular chat it's because the forum or room is on moderation ... post on the message board asking for Voice.

In reply toRe: msg 4
ColleenDream

Dec-11

Thank you so much for the assistance. What are the limits on new members? How long does that last? Thanks again for all your help :)

gunter
Staff

Dec-12

I see you've logged in again. Is it still a problem?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Gaelspirit

Dec-12

Did something change with the chat format? I tried to get into a forum this morning that I chat at often, but could not get in the room and when the window did pop up there was no chat space to type anything. It was just all gray and did not show who was in the room or anything. I am not finding an option to do the photo capture here either to show you. Any ideas?? I went to my own forum also and it happened again the same way.
gunter
Staff

Dec-12

Have you rebooted, cleared history, since ... no such changes at this end ?

gunter
Staff

Dec-12

What you describe could becaused by ad blockers.

Gaelspirit

Dec-12

It seems to be back to normal this evening..that was very strange!