Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Accidentally set phone to see full site   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Jan-10 by RebeccahQP; 270 views.
RebeccahQP

Jan-10

How do I reset to see the mobile version of the site on my android phone? I accidentally set one forum to full site instead of (I think) I should have set to view zeta sites as classic. Now all of the sites are showing with the full site, and it doesn't fit on my tiny phone screen.

Thanks,

Rebeccah

• Edited January 10, 2021 3:36 pm  by  RebeccahQP
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-10

Hi there - visit this forum I've set to the old mobile server for this purpose....

https://forums.delphiforums.com/ponymagnet

It should look blue when you arrive.... scroll down to where it says Full Site.

Click on that and it will offer you some choices. Let me know if it does or does not work.

RebeccahQP

Jan-10

I had done that and selected full site, then was stuck on full site and couldn't get out of it. I finally googled how to clear the chrome browser cache and got rid of it that way.

BTW, is that blue themed screenshot the regular mobile site or zeta?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-10

I'm sorry! I misread your first post lol.

RebeccahQP said:

I finally googled how to clear the chrome browser cache and got rid of it that way.

Glad you got it figured out.

The blue mobile forum is on the old mobile server..... Delphi's first attempt at mobile view.

In reply toRe: msg 3
RebeccahQP

Jan-10

Ok, I'm confused. I have a handful of forums I go to. On my desktop, they all look the same, with thread list and search functionality on the left, new messages, preferences, and related forums drop-down on the top, and a large pane for the posts of the thread I'm reading; and when I click on a link to a post bring replied to, I go to that post, within the thread.

On my phone, I've noticed 3 different formats. This forum and the breaktime3 forum and most of the forums I visit have a brightly colored header, and a "show menu" button at top left that opens a thread navigation list from the left edge. That list works similarly to the desktop version. if I slide the navigation back to the left or if I click on a thread, the full width if the screen is the posts in the current thread.  When I click a link to a post being replied to, that post appears just above and connected to the post that referenced it.  I like this format, it works well on the phone, although I can't figure out how to quote in my replies.  What one is it?

The second format I see on my phone is used by Gunners Refuge and one other forum I go to. It is blue themed and hard to use. When I'm posting a reply, I can't see what I'm replying to. There don't seem to be any overlays, every time I click something it takes up the whole screen. The urls are preceded by "m." so I guess it must be a mobile site.  If I go to Gunners Refuge and edit the urls to remove the "m", I get redirected to the UaRL with the "m". Which format is this? 

The third format in my phone is the "full site" format, which I selected from Gunners Refuge and got the desktop version if the site. Unfortunately, it really doesn't fit on the phone screen. Also unfortunately, it also converted my breaktime3 to full site mode, which was what brought me here asking questions.

Is there any way to get Gunners Refuge to use the same format in cell phone that this forum and breaktime3 use?

Thanks,

Rebeccah

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-10

You are correct there are three formats.

The "Full Site" is what we now refer to as Classic. Break Time 3 and Gunner use it for their main (desktop) interface . It's the older version Delphi became "known for" and is the most customizable. Hosts can then choose which mobile version is served up to those viewing with smaller devices. Zeta (which is what you see in this forum and on mobile, at Break Time 3) or the older mobile site.

Some hosts that have Classic instead of Zeta for desk top have also chosen to use the Old Mobile site (that blue version) because they can then set it to see  Classic on their mobile devices. You cannot do that with Zeta as it is responsive and just rejigs its self depending on the size of the viewers screen.

I too have a favorite forum that uses it and basically I skip reading it form my phone because the old mobile is clunky and confusing and I cannot embed pictures. As it's obviously the hosts choice I just wait until I am on desk top to visit.

RebeccahQP said:

Is there any way to get Gunners Refuge to use the same format in cell phone that this forum and breaktime3 use?

You could drop him a PM and ask about it. If he allowed Zeta as the mobile default those viewing on tablets and phones might lose the option to see it as classic though.

OR

You could try using this link https://forums.delphiforums.com/gunnersrefuge/zeta - but  that only works if you have the Full site (which puts you right back at square one with Break Time 3 also showing that way) as your option on mobile AND it's easy to lose the Zeta view when the site refreshes (say after posting a message, using search etc).

**Note that clicking that link while on mobile but NOT having the Full Site option enabled  leads to an error.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-10

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

**Note that clicking that link while on mobile but NOT having the Full Site option enabled leads to an error.

In case you missed my edit

RebeccahQP

Jan-10

OK, thanks for the confirmation. This all agrees with what I have just discovered through trial and error and talking to other forum members who go to both sites.

Rebeccah