Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Search and unread messages not working for weeks now   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jan-15 by gattoclass; 565 views.
gattoclass

Jan-15

I have had a problem for some weeks now where people are never reading some of my messages, evidently they are not get a prompt from the "unread messages to me" or other means. I know these people do not have me on ignore because they find and read and respond to my other posts.

I also recently discovered that the same thing is happening in reverse, that is, I am not getting prompted for replies other people send to me. This is naturally very frustrating.

The other issue is that the search function has also been only working intermittently for weeks, Some days it will work fine, others it will return nothing because it says I haven't entered any search terms when clearly I have. I've been on delphi for many years so I know how the search function works.

I would appreciate it if you looked into these issues, thanks.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-15

Which forum? If it's public and you don't mind posting it please :)

gattoclass

Jan-15

The Opinion Forum - possibly others, but that's the one I've noticed it on.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-15

When you use the drop down filtered to Messages To Me - does that work? Is it only the indicator at the top that is not working or both?

I'm just narrowing down the problem

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-15

I can keep popping in - the few searches I did seemed to work ok but they were just general ones for certain messages within the last month.

Are you using the Classic desktop view?

gattoclass

Jan-16

I don't know what view I am using, however, here's a screenshot of a failed search attempt from just moments ago:

gattoclass

Jan-16

I'm not 100% sure whether or not the drop-down "Unread Messages to Me" selection is working 100% or not because it gives me at least some replies to my posts, but I happened to find a reply in a recent thread that somebody had made to me that had not come up when I selected unread messages. What I have noticed is that people are frequently not getting messages of mine to them as if they are not getting a prompt from the drop down menu, but I really don't know why they are not reading those messages. As I said, these are people who don't have me on ignore and who reply to me in other threads, but many messages of mine to the same people are remaining unread these days.

And as you should be able to see from the above screenshot (if it's big enough - it seemed to get scaled back by delphi) the advanced search is not working either - I also tried it for posts I made in the last month just now and it still returned none even though I've been very active in recent days.

gattoclass

Jan-16

And just for the record, this forum is now also playing up, in that it keeps showing 3 unread messages to me on my "My Forums" page in spite of the fact that I evidently have no unread messages on this forum, at least according to the "Unread messages to me" drop down menu.

BTW Kidmagnet, are you an official representative of delphi? I can't see anything identifying you as such.

gunter

Jan-16

Unread messages not going away happens often. Try looking at some other discussions in the forum, that seems to help clearing the count.

When a forum allows Guest access (reading messages without logging in) like the Opinion forum members may be reading your messages without the system registering that. 

Had some other reports of Search problems in Opinion, may have to do with the high number of messages not updating in a timely manner. Seems to be working for me. (add ... Search shows lots of messages from you three months back.)

Kidmagnet is volunteering much help here, which is greatly appreciated.

• Edited January 16, 2021 10:01 am  by  gunter
gunter

Jan-16

Tried Search just now without logging in and got 200 msgs from you for past three months.