Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't Preview or Post with Chrome   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jul-13 by smohler9 (smohler66); 811 views.

I recently switched to Chrome as my browser. Since then, I can compose messages but I can't preview or post them. I was using MS Edge before and did not have this problem. 

I tried using Edge again and it worked fine on Delphi, but it causes me problems in other ways (outside of Delphi). Is there a setting in Chrome that I have to configure in some way to be able to preview and post messages on Delphi forums?

Scott M. 

gunter

Jul-13

Chrome usually works well with the forums. 

One possibility is you're  blocking ads or popups. Do the editor icons load?

In reply toRe: msg 2

I have delphiforums.com and forums.delphiforums. com set to allow pop-ups. If by "editor icons" you mean the symbols above the message area, some work and some don't. When I click on the paste tool, it tells me that because of my browser's security settings I need to use CTRL+V. But I don't know what setting is triggering that. 

gunter

Jul-13

Chrome has a Safe Browsing setting ...  could try that *temporarily* at the lowest setting to see if that does anything. 

Firefox is another suggested browser.

• Edited August 1, 2021 7:48 am  by  gunter

I was having problems as well. Clearing recent history helped. 

I have cleared browsing history, cookies, and cache to no avail. I have also set security settings to lowest level of protection. Still can't preview or post. I suspect the problem may originate outside of Chrome, although I can't explain why Edge works and Chrome doesn't. I have used Firefox in the past, but I'd prefer not to have to import bookmarks and tweak other settings, if I can avoid it. (I just got through doing that for Chrome.)

MEDDLY

Jul-14

Edge...are you using the newer version of Edge or the older one?

Old version

New version

In reply toRe: msg 7

The new version, but to be clear, the problem I'm having is with Chrome.

MEDDLY

Jul-14

If you have updated Chrome and it still doesn't work...time to say Buh-bye to Chrome.

This morning I tried using Firefox and ran into the same problem. This made me even more doubtful that it's a browser issue. After tinkering around with System Mechanic, which is running on my pc, I discovered that "digital fingerprinting protection" was enabled for all my browsers, except Edge. Bingo!  I turned this setting off for Chrome in System Mechanic, and now I can preview and post again. Problem solved.