Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Email notification friend request    Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Aug-17 by Risa (Risa25); 270 views.
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-17

I got a message in my email account (NOT my Delphi account which is exempt from email notifications) saying that so-and-so wanted to be my friend. There were no "friend requests" in my inbox. It said something like Hi sweetie I see you drive by the room how about you come into the room sometime and say hi to us." I have never heard of this person, have searched for him in the members search window of the few rooms I go to, and he doesn't seem to exist. My profile is exempt from being indexed. How did he get my name and get an email from Delphi sent to me?
Kidmagnet

Aug-18

Click on your Friends tab (in your profile) and then on Friend Requests...

Yes I have 52 friend requests all from what I suspect are spammers. You can delete yours if you like- it sounds like it is from a legit member but you do not need to Friend anyone you do not know!

My guess is that they are clicking on our profiles form a visitors list on a forum we visit. the system generates an email to let you know someone has sent you a Friend Request. It is separate from the Notifications and is going to the email account you have listed on your Preferences page. The email came from Delphi and the person making the request has none of your information.

• Edited August 18, 2021 12:07 am  by  Kidmagnet
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-18

Kidmagnet, thanks!!! I was a bit freaked here, having been hacked in the past and got friend requests from people I'd never seen or heard of before. I don't "friend" anyone I haven't chatted with long enough to be friends with to feel comfortable, so my "friends" list is pretty small. I don't treat it like Facebook friends with 252 people I don't know. I just thought it was odd there was no request in my inbox but somehow he got a notification sent to my email. It's a relief to know he has none of my information. Thanks for the reassurance!
Kidmagnet

Aug-18

You're welcome Risa, anytime!